Contributor

Hello everyone.I've been a Bare Mineral loose powder foundation user for over 15 years.My skin has never reacted to the formula and the coverage satisfied me. I don't know if the formula has changed?Anyone else experience this? Yes,I'm older now and my skin is a bit drier other than that just in need of a switch perhaps. Has anyone tried Jane Iredale Mineral Loose Powder Foundation? Thank you in advance.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mineral Foundation

[ Edited ]

@kabukidancer Jane Iredale is excellent. I use the cream form rather than the powder. I am very dry and powder foundation does not work for me.

Contributor

Thank you On It ! I never see this brand advertised as I only found it by searching on the web.I'm a bit dry yet combo so am looking forward to trying the loose mineral formula.I was surprised at how long this line of cosmetics has been in business.Pretty cool in this age of cosmetic stampedes.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Frequent Contributor

Check out Alima.  I have been using it for years.  Only a few ingredients and covers well.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mineral Foundation

[ Edited ]

@kabukidancer wrote:

Hello everyone.I've been a Bare Mineral loose powder foundation user for over 15 years.My skin has never reacted to the formula and the coverage satisfied me. I don't know if the formula has changed?Anyone else experience this? Yes,I'm older now and my skin is a bit drier other than that just in need of a switch perhaps. Has anyone tried Jane Iredale Mineral Loose Powder Foundation? Thank you in advance.

@kabukidancer 

I have very dry skin, I'm 66. I like PUR mineral foundation b/c it has moisturizers and skincare ingredients in it. It's a pressed powder foundation which has good buildable coverage. HSN is offering a combo foundation with brush for $48 and free shippy.

https://www.hsn.com/products/pur-4-in-1-foundation-brush/10086821

PÜR 4in1 Pressed Mineral Makeup SPF15 with Chisel Brush, Porcelain

I suggest going to the PUR cosmetics website to look at there shade finder for your color choices. That can be found in the banner under Beauty Tips at the top of the homepage at PurCosmetics dot com.

Respected Contributor

@kabukidancer wrote:

Thank you On It ! I never see this brand advertised as I only found it by searching on the web.I'm a bit dry yet combo so am looking forward to trying the loose mineral formula.I was surprised at how long this line of cosmetics has been in business.Pretty cool in this age of cosmetic stampedes.

Spoiler
Smiley Happy

Jane Iredale has a website that lists the retail outlets where it can be purchased. It was first developed to be sold in plastic surgeon's offices for those recovering from procedures. It then made its way into spas and now into retail stores. I order mine from Nordstrom.

One fact that is important I worked in a store that sold Jane Iredale. I heard the company rep explain how to use the line. She even suggested mixing the powder with your moisturizer if you want a liquid. It seems the powder would be quite versatile if you needed to use it in a variety of forms. I would never use any other mineral makeup.

Esteemed Contributor

BF had soooo many issues.  Finally went to Derm to test for allergies.  He revamped every single skincare product.  That transformation was awesome.

Then she was on to makeup and this is the line she uses.  It has a nice texture for the powders. 

Honored Contributor

I love the PUR Chisel application brush, best I have ever used for all powder foundations

Honored Contributor

Everyday Minerals is a good one too, and I always liked Serious Skin Care Bella Rose. 

Super Contributor

@Shelbelle Serious Skin Care Bella Rose is my favorite and the only one my very dry skin likes. I wish she would show up again somewhere.