Esteemed Contributor

I have always had problem skin but as I've gotten older no problems at all...until the masks.  So when we first had to wear them it was awful.  I washed them every time I wore them or used disposable and used all pure laundry detergents gentle for skin, etc.  I started using the Smart Mouth mouthwash which was recommended.  Still a hot mess.  Then I bought a Nuderma skin wand from Amazon.   With that added it completely cleared.  Now as soon as I  see something popping I zap it and that's that.   It certainly wasn't over night because by the time I got it it was a massive rash/mess.  There are different wands so if it is a stand-alone you can zap or like in my case it was rash also, there was a larger head that I could glide over the areas.  

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

Ten pimples with an  hour of wearing a mask? Smiley Surprised  YIKES!  Does your grocery store offer pickup like Walmart does?  I haven't had this problem but I wonder if someone has found a prevention to maskne?  How about if you used a medicine like Clearasil on your chin before going out with your mask?

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@ScrapHappy 

Ten pimples with an  hour of wearing a mask? Smiley Surprised  YIKES!  Does your grocery store offer pickup like Walmart does?  I haven't had this problem but I wonder if someone has found a prevention to maskne?  How about if you used a medicine like Clearasil on your chin before going out with your mask?

I use Differin and I do apply it before I go out.  It's so hot and humid here, I keep clean clothes in the car to wipe off all the sweat I get just walking to the car.  

Honored Contributor

I understand how you feel.  In this heat especially, the masks are hard.  I have rosacea and getting hot, steamy and overheated does not help this condition either.  Not one thing works for everbody but I have better luck with the disposable masks.  Also, I find that the less I put on my skin while wearing a mask, the better off I am.  I just wash with a very gentle cleanser and apply a very light oil free moisturizer and go especially light or even skip the chin area completely.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy 

I live in Texas so I know the feeling.  Sounds like you would be a canidate for sweating drops!