Honored Contributor

Mascara -- much talked about, but, need a new one

Mascara --- this is another problem area!

I have kind of sensitive eyes.  I quit wear mascara because most bothered me. Also, I don't like that most I have tried make eye lashes stiff and clumpy.

I am looking for recommendations for mascare for someone with very fair lashes and ones that are short.  I don't do well with fibers as they irritate my eyes,

I want one that darkens, thiickens some but yet leaves the lashes looking soft, not stiff, hard and brittle.  Don't want waterproof.

Any suggestions?  I thank you!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Mascara -- much talked about, but, need a new one

I bought Tightline by IT Cosmetics yesterday at Ulta. My lashes are light so I thought I’d try it again.

Honored Contributor

I have developed dry eye syndrome which, ironically, makes ones eyes water constantly. For this reason I have stopped wearing mascara unless I get really dressed up for an event. Even the waterproof mascaras don't last on me and I'd rather not have racoon eye.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I highly recommend Josie Maran's Black Oil Mascara. It does everything your looking for in a mascara. It has even made my lashes grow longer & fuller. I use nothing else since I tried Josie's mascara. If you prefer a drug store brand, Maybelline's Full & Soft mascara is excellent. Just be sure not to purchase the waterproof version. Hope I've helped you in your search. Have a wonderful day. Hugs

Honored Contributor

I bought the Maybelline Total Temptation and I really like it, is under $10 and I got the washable version, it really works to enhance my lashes which over the years have gotten shorter

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

ALMAY ONE COAT THICKENING - I like this one.  Has a nicely tapered brush-tip to get in the corners easily. Also available in waterproof.  $5 to $8 most places.

IMG_7301.jpg

images.jpg

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1....my eyes are sensitive as well and as  already suggested Maybelline Full and Soft has worked well for me.

Now if I could just get my lashes to curl like they did when I was younger, I be happy!   I have tried heating the curler, buying several new lash curlers, nothing works.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

Mascara --- this is another problem area!

I have kind of sensitive eyes.  I quit wear mascara because most bothered me. Also, I don't like that most I have tried make eye lashes stiff and clumpy.

I am looking for recommendations for mascare for someone with very fair lashes and ones that are short.  I don't do well with fibers as they irritate my eyes,

I want one that darkens, thiickens some but yet leaves the lashes looking soft, not stiff, hard and brittle.  Don't want waterproof.

Any suggestions?  I thank you!!!  

@AngelPuppy1  I found my lashes were drying and seemed less full. I stopped using my lash curler & changed from L’Oreal Voluminous mascara to Josie Maran’s mascara w/ argan oil. It seems to condition my lashes, no fibers, not waterproof and easily removed so no pulling on lashes. If any mascara begins to thicken or clump and/or near the 3 month old time of purchase, please toss it.

Honored Contributor

Doll 10 just had a new one this week.  I've seen lots of good words about it.

Honored Contributor

I pretty much stick to using Clinique products because of my skin sensitivities. I only wear washable mascara. If I run out of my Clinique mascara, my second choice is Cover Girl. I read all packages before buying to make sure its for sensitive eyes and that it is washable. Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"