Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mascara -- much talked about, but, need a new one

I have super sensitive skin, allergies and watery eyes. I have tried so many mascaras and found Bobbi Brown works for me.....any option.  My favorite is supreme party or smokey eye.  I hope you have the same luck.  

Honored Contributor

Lancôme Definicils is great to emphasize lashes. Comes in brown as well as black. For $13 on the Lancôme website or maybe your local Lancôme counter at a department store you can get the travel sized one to try.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1wrote:

Mascara --- this is another problem area!

I have kind of sensitive eyes.  I quit wear mascara because most bothered me. Also, I don't like that most I have tried make eye lashes stiff and clumpy.

I am looking for recommendations for mascare for someone with very fair lashes and ones that are short.  I don't do well with fibers as they irritate my eyes,

I want one that darkens, thiickens some but yet leaves the lashes looking soft, not stiff, hard and brittle.  Don't want waterproof.

Any suggestions?  I thank you!!!  

@AngelPuppy1

Hmmm... so you want lashes that are full and soft, eh?  Then how 'bout Maybelline's Full 'N Soft?

I got tired of finding my lashes on my cheeks so I started using Full 'N Soft washable formula years ago and haven't quit.

It's dependable, cheap and NOT waterproof. Woman Very Happy

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

See the source image@AngelPuppy1I have a lot of eye problems. I have used this mascara for years. Love it. It is a tube mascara and comes off with cleanser and water. The tubes slide right off. No tugging around the eye area. I order from the company. I like the original one.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1- Have you tried a lash primer yet?  I highly recommend you try either Lancome's or Clinique's.  They will lengthen and thicken your lashes prior to mascara application.  I suggest trying one of these primers before trying a bunch of different mascaras.  Lancome's is 25.00 and Clinique's is 13.00.  Good luck and keep us posted on whatever you discover out there in mascara land!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Galwrote:

@AngelPuppy1- Have you tried a lash primer yet?  I highly recommend you try either Lancome's or Clinique's.  They will lengthen and thicken your lashes prior to mascara application.  I suggest trying one of these primers before trying a bunch of different mascaras.  Lancome's is 25.00 and Clinique's is 13.00.  Good luck and keep us posted on whatever you discover out there in mascara land!  Smiley Happy

The parent company L’Oreal sells a Volumnious Primer in the drugstore for $7.99. I think having used the Lancôme primer that the L’Oreal one does exactly the same thing for less $.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I really like Benefit mascara, They're real...I had the curling one too, I like it also.

I sometimes use lancome lash primer...it's excellent.  One coat of that, then one coat mascara gives my lashes incredible length, without looking heavy.  Never any clumps, or flaking with Benefit.   I had a sample of Mac False lashes mascara, and I would buy that too...very lengthening.  

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 I want to add to what @San Antonio Gal already mentioned about lash primers.  I use Benefit "They're Real! Tinted Lash Primer."  I sometimes even just wear the primer on its own when I want a really soft natural look.  It's tinted, so it adds color, and it also lengthens. Not a whole lot of volume, unless you apply mascara over it. Might be good for your sensitivity issue, though.  Also, this doesn't make your lashes feel stiff.

You can buy a travel size for $12 at Sephora, Ulta, etc, if you want to try it before buying full size.

Image result for benefit travel lash primer

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Respected Contributor

I think we have similar lashes.  Can't even tell I have any unless you look real close.  So light and so short.  I recently went back to Cover Girl full and soft. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 @I like celeryI wear this Benefit primer as my mascara too, it's awesome.