Frequent Contributor
I have super straight lashes which curl great but once I put on mascara they fall flat again. Any suggestions on a mascara that won't do this drug store or high end? Also any techniques you suggest. I think I've tried it all lol TIA
Trusted Contributor

Being Asian, mine are straight too and I've tried so many things to keep them curly but find it goes away and the heated curlers cause damage to my lashes so I quit trying anything that curls them.  Better healthy straight lashes than curly, sparse and dried out ones, right?

I use a lash primer before I apply mascara too. 

Trusted Contributor

Waterproof mascara helps hold the curl a little.

Honored Contributor

I agree about most waterproof mascara.  I like Mally's waterproof mascara for at least the first coat.  I also use Ready To Wear mascara fibers to coat after the first coat.  It dries the mascara so the lashes don't straighten. 

Respected Contributor

I have long straight lashes as well and use a waterproof mascara; Lancome Definicils, waterproof. 

The key is waterproof mascara.  Almost any waterproof mascara works at keeping my lashes curled. 

Frequent Contributor
Thanks lovely ladies. I'll pick up a tube of waterproof mascara. Anyone have any favs to try?
Honored Contributor

Try Dior's Iconic Overcurl Mascara, it is fabulous!!!!!

Valued Contributor

OP, now that you will be using waterproof, make sure you pick up a waterproof mascara remover product.  You will be glad you did.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mascara help

[ Edited ]

Look for a curling mascara at the drug store -- ask the girl at Walgreens that works in the beauty dept.  If you want to pay more money check out Estee Lauder (she has very good mascaras); or check out Clinique (I know they have one - $16.50 plus 15% off if you sign up for email).  Good luck.

Cat HappyCat Happy

kindness is strength