Trusted Contributor

Every when do you do your own manicure at home?

I do mine when I see the colour chip, like ten days.

I am using Revlon products and I have one nail colour polish from Dior.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

Every seven to ten days. I have all sorts of brands, including some from the Dollar Store. What keeps it going is Nailtique as the base and top coats.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Valued Contributor

I do mine every weekend. Sometimes regular polish, sometimes gel nail polish. I can't stand the look of the nail growth from the cuticle. 

Esteemed Contributor

Right now. Sunday evening. Watching TV and sometimes reading Q posts or shopping online. If I'm going somewhere special over the weekend, I'll manicure at the end of the week. I try to do a light file on Wednesday evening and again on Sunday. My nails grow quickly.  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Valued Contributor

I've always done my own manicures, by preference. I'm hard on my fingernails, so doing my own let's me correct chips or change out colors on a whim. 

My general routine is every Sunday evening; however I have gone two weeks before. Essie offers some great topcoats that really extend the life of your manicure, and as long as I'm still liking the nail polish color I'll wait an extra week if the manicure still looks brand new. 

Pedicures are another story. I would much prefer to have that done professionally, but I've been doing my own since March. 

(still don't like it though lol)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

Lighter colors show less growth, since I go for a professional manciure every three week I try to keep my nails light and natural looking D60C7C34-2207-4FB9-B5EE-7A45429C5B91.jpeg

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

I do my own mani and pedi between salon visits. My nails always look great in the summer- they are at their best right now. Did a polish change on my hands on Saturday as I was going to visit family on Sunday. Saving $$ by staying out of the nail salon this month. I will be back, probably in a couple of weeks.

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki I do my nails exactly as you do.  I use a base coat and ultra shiny chip resistant top coat by Revlon.

My polish is OPI.  

I also get a spray on polish dryer from Sally's Beauty.