Honored Contributor

@justashopper wrote:

@Shanus 

Yes!!  you said that much better than I did.  LOL

Thanks!!

@justashopper    Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shanus   I agree.  A little lipstick & blush and you come alive.  Some women with no makeup look half dead (I hate to say it) but a little makeup is not a big effort.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Re: Makeup overhaul

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1 wrote:

@Shanus   I agree.  A little lipstick & blush and you come alive.  Some women with no makeup look half dead (I hate to say it) but a little makeup is not a big effort.

@Katcat1   I obvously agree. When I do makeup on a woman who has rarely worn any, they are shocked what 15 minutes and a few products can do to make them look more defined and brighter.

Frequent Contributor

A makeup artist once told me that all-one-color hair is like garage-door hair, and all-one-color foundation is like garage-door face.  

Esteemed Contributor

I'm using L'Oreal Age Perfect Radiant serum foundation in the shade 30 rose beige and using a damp makeup sponge to blend it in my face as any foundation including this one can emphasize texture and pores on and around my nose and cheek area if I don't blend it in well. 

I find I need to exfoliate the skin in my T zone or I will have flaky skin that any makeup emphasizes. I don't like cream blushes as they tend to sit in pores on my cheeks and still prefer powder blushes.

I also have to use a very light colored concealer on the hollowing and dark circles under my eyes as a concealer the same shade as the rest of my skin does not cover dark circles or the hollowing underneath my eyes.

I think it's good to go through your makeup and look at what you want to use and what you don't want to use and try on every lipstick to see if you still want it (and to make sure it hasn't gone bad with time.)

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

O.k.  Thank you for clarifying!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

I find that any of these compacts that have a blush, bronzer, and highlight is all I need. You can even use it on your eyes to brighten them up. Right now I have thd bare minerals complexion rescue and thr colourpop pretty fresh tinted moisturizer. Then some concealer and mascara. These compacts then are just enough color to give a nice pretty look.  Right now I have a bare minerals one and the IT Confidence in a glow palletts  that I like. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@justashopper wrote:

I think always a great idea to purge the old make up.  As trends change the old styles etc can be aging.

I am always surprised at how many people, on say insta gram and social media post showing make up looks, just squirt liquid fondation directly on their face! LOL

I think any kind of blanket one color foundation looks weird on any age.  

Lauren Hutton had a great make up line.  I think it doesn't exist anymore but her advice was good-- spot coverage where needed and just your skin where it's good, looks best.

I am not in my 70's (40's) but I have avoided all over face powder and powdered blush for a long time.  I will put some mineral powder over concealer to help it set but otherwise I keep it dewey.

I would think, especially, in florida -- dewey is naturally occurring so best to go with it.  LOL!

@justashopper   I remember Lauren Hutton's wheel of shades and color correctors. She was on the ball with skin not being one shade all over. I still do makeup in a similar way,,,lighter under eyes and in the middle of the face and a bit darker towards the perimeter of the face. The center of the face is naturally highlighted. No one has the same shade all over and using one shade of makeup can look mask like or flat. It also means adding back more contours to the face...more work and time.  

There is a brand call Seinf. Formally Maskara that is all cream products and this is the technique they say to use with their products. It looks really interesting. This may be why Laura Geller powder foundation is so popular. You get all those highs and lows.

Has anyone used Laura Gelkars foundation as a powder over a tinted moisturizer or foundation.