Contributor

My pet peeve....this post will probably get deleted but I just watched the Lipstick Queen presentation for the green lipstick and I'm not sure if it's just me but has anyone else noticed the way the models make duck faces while applying lipstick and pushing their eyebrows up and down and find it very distracting?

WHY WHY do they need to make these weird faces in slow motion? I just want to see how the lipstick or mascara looks after applied, not duck faces! It really does take away from the presentation. I really wanted to see what color the green lipstick turned out to be but could hardly stand to watch! It sort of reminds me of the way fish breathe underwater, "open your lips take a breath then lift your eyebrows up over and over". All of the makeup models do it.

Also, I would like to see the models apply lipstick or makeup on a clean face without makeup already applied. That would be more realistic . Ok that was my pet peeve for tonight! 

Contributor

I want to add that all of the models are beautiful! 👁👁

Honored Contributor

I'm betting if you really looked candidly at yourself as you apply MU you would see that you too make faces as you put it on.

Trusted Contributor

Very simple - they are trying to "model".  Some aren't very successful.

Contributor

Haha, yes I probably do but I'm not on tv trying to sell a product

Respected Contributor

@Amishells sounds like more than a pet peeve.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Contributor

@Karnerblue No it's just an annoyance Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor
It would have been nice to see them all put the lipstick on bare lips. All of them already had lipstick on. That should go for all make up demos though.
Contributor

@MarthaStewardess  Exactly!

Respected Contributor

I didn't see the presentation  but I can highly recommend the "green lipstick". Frog Prince  is one of my favorites.