Honored Contributor

Re: Make Up Free Movement.....

@NativeJax. I thought she looked pale too, but fresh as a daisy...certainly not her true age.

Respected Contributor

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

No.

If people want to go without make-up, fine - good for them ... to each her own.  But don't act like you're some kind of martyr if you do.  

I like my make-up, I like accentuating my features, I like the creativity involved in the application, I like the positive attention I get from strangers who admire it.  I am a "lipstick feminist" and there ain't nothing wrong with that!

WELL SAID @PurpleBunny.  I have no problem with people who don't wear make-up, but I do have problem with people who don't wear make-up but act like "I am better than you" because you wear makeup.  I have a relative who constantly make comments about women who wear makeup are shallow and vain, and that really gets on my nerves.

Oh my goodness!!  Are we related!?  I have two women that like to make passive/aggressive comments about my hair, make-up and nails. They both look like men ... 'nuff said. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, LOL.  Don't know.  We age, some go the plastic surgery route, some don't.  It's all genetic in my opinion.  We either have good skin or we don't.  Some of us like to amplify our assets or some of us like to cover our flaws.

To each her own!!!!  This chick (me) will be wearing her Nars and Kat Von Dee.......

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@momoftwo2007 wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

No.

If people want to go without make-up, fine - good for them ... to each her own.  But don't act like you're some kind of martyr if you do.  

I like my make-up, I like accentuating my features, I like the creativity involved in the application, I like the positive attention I get from strangers who admire it.  I am a "lipstick feminist" and there ain't nothing wrong with that!

WELL SAID @PurpleBunny.  I have no problem with people who don't wear make-up, but I do have problem with people who don't wear make-up but act like "I am better than you" because you wear makeup.  I have a relative who constantly make comments about women who wear makeup are shallow and vain, and that really gets on my nerves.

Oh my goodness!!  Are we related!?  I have two women that like to make passive/aggressive comments about my hair, make-up and nails. They both look like men ... 'nuff said. 

@PurpleBunny, LOL.  "Look like men."  

*Call Tyrone*
Respected Contributor

@itiswhatitis ... I hate to be blunt, but that's the truth. My sister always tells me it's insecurity on their part. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Uh.... No. I support those who choose to but I'm not jumping on the ride.

Respected Contributor

AFAIC, if women want to go around looking spotty, splotched, or ready for the embalming table, it'll just make those of us smart enough to spruce ourselves up look that much better. So lay down your pots and brushes, it's fine by me. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Never heard of this "movement" but find it silly. Why would we need a movement to not wear makeup? Wear makeup or don't wear makeup but let's not waste time making it out to be something more important or deep than it really is. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am not dead yet but I  look as if I am without make up so it stays.  Not to say I wear it every single day.  If I am having a at home day with only a quick trip to the grocery store I won't bother.  I just cross my fingers and hope I don't run into any of my neighbors while I am there.

Esteemed Contributor

No....People ask me if I am sick if I don't wear some color.......