Super Contributor

Make Americans Rethink maybe

People need to go watch American Hero and Fury,Americans seem to just not care about their own country anymore they just seem content on supporting companies who sell out to China or make their products in china,my husband 3 wars and 28 years military,Why are our kids fighting and dying for Americans who have kids and grandkids will not go and serve our country but they sure want the freedom to buy China made products.
Frequent Contributor

Re: Make Americans Rethink maybe

Very well put - I agree with you.

Valued Contributor

I totally agree.....I try to buy American...not easy...I really watch dog treat and foods that are from China.

Honored Contributor

I am really trying to make this a priority these days. I want to support American workers as best I can, even if it means paying a bit more for the items.

And I never buy any dog treats or food from China but that is for a different reason (health concerns).

Super Contributor

On a news program my husband was watching, they said more jobs may be coming back to America. Due to rising prices and having to pay higher wages, it will no longer be cost effective and some will be bringing the jobs home. I really hope this is true.

Esteemed Contributor

Is that a documentary or a movie?
Honored Contributor

Our financial advisor said just wait...a lot of those overseas jobs will come back.....

Contributor

I agree with you too. I will not buy any type of food from China and try to buy American products. It is definitely not easy and is unfortunately not a luxury that everyone can afford to do. Shoes, sunglasses, furniture, lightbulbs....everything is made overseas. Resale shops sell a lot of American made clothes. It's a testament to how well they are made. Even after use by someone else, the clothing is still better made than anything you can find in stores today.

I have also heard that more companies are coming back to America. Not because they are patriotic but because they are losing money. Shipping manufacturing jobs to China and Information Technology jobs to India has made their economies boom. In the process, it has helped to destroy the middle class. Now many people have to take minimum wage jobs or work 2 jobs just to make ends meet. Let's hope that things slowly turn around so that our children can have some degree of security in their futures.

Two interesting websites: http://madeinusachallenge.com/made-in-america-master-list/ amd http://www.americansworking.com/ . if you Google "Companies Made in America" you will find some others.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with you and try to buy everything I can made in America. Another thing that really annoys me is all these large companies outsourcing to China, India, Asia, etc. it seems whenever I call a large company like ATT, I always get CS inn different countries. Why can't we give Americans these jobs? No, it's better to outsource and then have so many homeless and unemployed people in our own country. It's truly disgraceful and a shame.
Honored Contributor

If I'm going to buy a product from Asia, I try to get the item direct from there. Why pay an American middleman or an international conglomerate like Walmart? The only downside is that shipping often takes as long as a month. I buy locally made products as much as possible.

In America we really need to develop new industries that don't rely on manufacturing. I believe we can do much better than just factory and retail and hospitality jobs if we put our genius brains to work on it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr