Super Contributor

Re: Madison Reed Permanent Color - Anyone try

@Shelbelle wrote:

Revlon Colorsilk has been my brand for the last 20 years, always $3 at Walmart and Target.

Permanent, no ammonia.

I wish I could use Colorsilk because it gets such good reviews and the price is right.  But it turns my hair to straw. What color do you use?

Honored Contributor

I looked there because I was really interested.  Red hair must really be out.  Try to find red hair color there, bright , vivid red...not mahogany or copper.  Same with hair pieces.  Even qvc doesnt have one hair clip in or even a wig in red.  They might offer a strawberry, or light auburn, but thats it!!🤔😾😖😡

Honored Contributor

@cassiem wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Revlon Colorsilk has been my brand for the last 20 years, always $3 at Walmart and Target.

Permanent, no ammonia.

I wish I could use Colorsilk because it gets such good reviews and the price is right.  But it turns my hair to straw and the color always looks brassy. What color do you use?

Shoekitty said

cassie, same here.  The colors were so off, and not very vibrant.  But if you choose brunettes and dark hair, it might work better.  My hair was like straw.  That was it, went with another brand.  I usually buy in wholesale distributers.  But I do love schwartzkopp, and a couple others at the drug store.  I usee a 6rr or a 6rv

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cassiem wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Permanent, no ammonia.

I wish I could use Colorsilk because it gets such good reviews and the price is right.  But it turns my hair to straw and the color always looks brassy. What color do you use?

Same here. Always gave me welfare hair. Hate the stuff.

I'm seriously considering trying this Madison Reed because it aces the color I want, and there are a ton of pictures of regular people who've tried it, so it's possible to really get a good sense of how it works in different hair.

The price on the website seems reasonable. It's a shame the color selection on QVC is so limited, and worse, that they didn't use the Madison Reed naming protocol. They could at least have listed the MR names in the details.