Honored Contributor

Re: MY REVIEW ON JAY MANUEL ts AND BLUE MASCARA

I got my order a couple days ago and tried it yesterday and it is really not good. I used just the bare skincare things on my face before; my Paulas Choice BHA/AHA, then mositurizer, then let everythng set  til it absorbed and then applied the foundation with a good brush. It covered ok but not impressed with the shade and it was sticky the whole day. Even tried to set it with a powder and it still was too sticky.The concealer was mediocre too. So back it goes. I like my foundation powders and BB creams much better. 

Valued Contributor

My mascara was very good and not clumpy at all.I admit trying different ways of using the foundation but it doesn't work on me.

When Jay showed it on the models the combination of foundation and concealer gave them a flawless complexion.

Respected Contributor

the color was good on me.  it was very peachy in the container.  the mess though -  this the reason i gave up on powder foundations it is messy and time-consuming to appy and i tried applying 2 times,   the tackiness and stickiness are bad enough but my face felt tight and itchy, i left it on for an hour just to see if it improved any. self torture.    i like the concealor but not $45 worth.  buh bye

Esteemed Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

Yep, mines going back too. I agree the concealer is great. Good coverage and lightweight, but I don't like the texture of the foundation nor the coverage.  

My favorite foundation, HG Status, is Clarins Everlasting Matte. I'm on my fourth bottle.  

Hello @makeup addict,

One of my friends is a female dermatologist, and she uses nothing but Clarins ( not sure of the following ' Everlasting Matte'- 

I was wondering if you knew if Clarins has a formula for a drier skin, hopefully with a dewy base, possibly with oil infused?

I will not see Elizabeth until much later, until after her busy schedule through this year, or I would ask, but do NOT believe she uses anything else.

Without calling and asking a live person, or going to a makeup counter, I am assuming you may know more of Clarins' products than I.

Thank you in advance.

NAES

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 @makeupaddict

well, mine is going back too. Ugh, just awful. 

Respected Contributor

@makeup addict wrote:

Yep, mines going back too. I agree the concealer is great. Good coverage and lightweight, but I don't like the texture of the foundation nor the coverage.  

My favorite foundation, HG Status, is Clarins Everlasting Matte. I'm on my fourth bottle.  

@makeup addict For some reason I had trouble pulling up your name. Tried to edit my post without success. Since this is an older thread thought you might not see it. Anyway, returning mine too. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 @makeupaddict

well, mine is going back too. Ugh, just awful. 

@Reba055 This one makeup line I will avoid at all costs.