Regular Contributor

Love Sunday Riley

[ Edited ]

I'm surprised, the CEO glow and the Retinol are fantastic, my skin looks so much better and it's only been a couple of weeks, I use the Good Genes alternating back and forth.  Just thought I'd give them a shout out, I'm 65 with fair sensitive skin including some sun damage. 

Respected Contributor

What is Sunday Riley

Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear wrote:

What is Sunday Riley

It's a dodgy company infamous for posting fake reviews on Sephora. It was in the news. I hope they aren't trying such a thing here. They may very well have decent products, but I will never know because I don't trust them due to their past actions. They have not publically repaired their previous behavior.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

Thank you @Porcelain I have never heard of it!

Honored Contributor

This OP has changed her name from Aunt Bessie to Iris in bloom just today and in her original post, first wrote that her age was 85 and now she says she's 75.

In another post she said she was 65 and praised Sunday Riley there too.

"

Re: Sunday Riley 

I'm 65 and Sunday Riley's products have changed my skin, I'm really happy to see them on QVC." 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Sunday-Riley/m-p/5581817/highlight/true#M709301

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear  My post on 2 other Sunday Riley threads:

I was a huge fan and supporter of Sunday Riley when she first came out; her products were unique and when she brought out her cosmetics, she had shades that were for the very pale, the very dark and everyone in-between.Her glosses were excellent; everything was. However, there were some issues....

1) Her line was set up so you HAD to speak to a sales person in one of her stores. So, unless you had a relationship with someone who knew her line, you were kinda stuck. Her packaging did NOT have any instructions. Online descriptions were vague. Barneys was the ONLY store that carried her line in the beginning. I had a great SA at the Boston store so I found the line to be amazing and used it for a few years until....

2) Her products weren't being restocked. This was when I started seeing the OTHER side of the company. I spoke directly with Department and Product Managers at Barneys as well as the counter manager for the Sunday Riley line and ALL told me she was stopping production on cosmetics as well as the bulk of the skincare line. She had grown too big too fast. There were issues with allergic reactions. Returns were starting to be an issue (Barneys does not have a generous return policy). At this time, her line was now in other department stores. I was having to go from store to store to find her products. They were out of stock on most items as well.

I told one of my SIL's about this issue (she had begun to use the line, which was NOT cheap) and she posted this situation on 2 forums; Makeup Alley as well as a well known beauty blogger site. HOLY MOLY DID SHE GET ATTACKED. It was ugly and crazy and disturbing. There were posters who were posting the same rude and horrible comments on both sites and dragging her through the mud on other posts she made as well. I personally know the beauty blogger and contacted her privately; she confirmed that she had been told the same thing by her SA at Barney's in California. Scary thing, she was contacted by Sunday Riley's PR and told to pull the article on her blog and comments else, she would face legal action. She did because she wasn't sure what was going on.

A few months later, the products were gone from all the counters save a few items and Sunday Riley PR said everything was coming back just new and improved. That did not happen and well, they lied about that as well.

3) Fast forward and the discovery that employees of Sunday Riley were told by her to write fake reviews on multiple sites regarding the products. To add insult to injury, when Sunday Riley was contacted and asked for a comment, she did NOT apologize but essentially said it was the norm in the industry and for people to get over it.

I will NOT give this person a penny of my money due to her attitude and her dishonest  tactics. Disgusting. 

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

This OP has changed her name from Aunt Bessie to Iris in bloom just today and in her original post, first wrote that her age was 85 and now she says she's 75.

In another post she said she was 65 and praised Sunday Riley there too.

"

Re: Sunday Riley 

I'm 65 and Sunday Riley's products have changed my skin, I'm really happy to see them on QVC." 

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Beauty/Sunday-Riley/m-p/5581817/highlight/true#M709301

Wow!

Trusted Contributor

@FlowerBear .....Sunday Riley is a skin care line which by the way, I absolutely love !  I've only tried the ''C.E.O. Face Oil" but I will certainly try other products in the future.  You can find it on QVC or go to Amazon.com and type in Sunday Riley ...lots of products will appear.

Regular Contributor

Re: Love Sunday Riley

[ Edited ]

@Porcelain yes I have changed my name, my purple Iris's are finally blooming!

, and yes my skin has never looked better, I don't care if they wrote their own reviews. SHAME ON YOU @Porcelain  I type really fast and have had to go back and correct and spell-check. 

It's always good to try something or look at the overall status of reviews, instead of a few disgruntled folks. 

Honored Contributor

It's my understanding that the cosmetic industry is not regulated, so you take a chance no matter what line you try.Thank goodness the Q let's us return what doesn't work for us. I use the Sunday Riley GOOD GENES and I think it has improved the look of my 68 your old facial skin, my skin looks plumper and brighter. It's a nice product to use, no odd smell, nice consistency and is not greasy. I am on auto delivery for this product. I guess I'm not invested that much in any product, that if it isn't available any more or the owner does not live up to my moral expectation, it doesn't bother me.