Valued Contributor

Re: Love Lisa's Leather Dress!

It's been unseasonable cold in parts of the Eastern US this spring. You can't dress for summer when it's 40 outside, even it it's May.

Honored Contributor

some more info on dress

THE ROW

<h5 style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-weight: normal;"> Leather A-Line Midi Dress</h5>
<h2 style="font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; padding: 0px; margin: 0px 0px 0px 1px;"> A modest midi hem lends gracious elegance to this leather dress from The Row.</h2>
  • Paneled lambskin.
  • Split neckline; sleeveless.
  • A-line skirt with dropped flare panel.
  • Fluted midi hem falls below knee.
  • Back zip.
  • Made in the USA of Italian material.
About the Row:
Established in 2006 by Mary Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen, The Row has expanded to include a range of ready-to-wear, eyewear and handbags, all with a focus on timeless elegance and use of the finest materials. The Olsens design with an eye for understated luxury and precision fit, evident in sublime staples like the perfect T-shirt and leather leggings, and in polished separates that transcend seasons. The duo was named CFDA Womenswear Designers of the Year in 2012. In addition to its commitment to detail, the brand also maintains a mission to support high-end manufacturing in the US.
CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Regular Contributor

I think they keep it cold in that studio as well, so probably she can wear that easily with comfort

Valued Contributor

The dress looked good but the hair imo not so much. Knowing she has very thin hair it looked very strange to have that big braid down her back. I think she looks better with it just down and long even thought it is mostly extensions.

Respected Contributor

I wear leather year round, skirts and pants. My jackets, coats, and dresses are mostly fall/winter wear. The dress Lisa wore that night is not a good style for me. I prefer the slimmer sheath types that stop at the knee as are all my skirts. I think Lisa should try colors other than black for this time of year.

Respected Contributor

I thought it looked ""wintery"". To each his own!

Respected Contributor

Too long,& looks like it would be hot & heavy to wear. I would prefer faux leather. It's lighter weight and it's not a cow's skin laying on your bodySmiley Sad((((

Respected Contributor

I'll be happy to open this can of worms! I think when the hosts are on TV, they should wear items sold by QVC. When they are on their own time, have at it and wear whatever. When they wear clothing, shoes, etc. purchased elsewhere it tells me that they wouldn't buy what they're selling. Why should I purchase it?

Respected Contributor

On 5/31/2014 di-mc said:

I'll be happy to open this can of worms! I think when the hosts are on TV, they should wear items sold by QVC. When they are on their own time, have at it and wear whatever. When they wear clothing, shoes, etc. purchased elsewhere it tells me that they wouldn't buy what they're selling. Why should I purchase it?

Why would I buy a product based on what a host wears? Host are paid too sell it anyway. If I see an item that I like, can afford, and in need of, I may order. It does not matter to me if they like it or not.