Regular Contributor

When are the 613 gallons available?

I am very new to this but it seems 613 works best for me so far but I haven't really tried a lot of versions and combos as I am not sure what I really need.

I was hoping to see the 613 gallons offered in June with the other formulas. Anyone know the story on the 613 gallons?

Thanks

Super Contributor

Re: When are the 613 gallons available?

613 gallons are offered in the Fall. There's always a special offer including 613 during June because the name is the actual date 6/13.

Welcome to WEN

Regular Contributor

Thanks! I guess I just thought it would make sense to offer the 613 gallons with the rest of the June gallons. I would like to have it now instead of wait until the fall.

I am just dipping my toes in the WEN pool right now. I hope I find what works best for me.

I have colored treated hair that is 50% grey without color, medium length, dry towards the ends and naturally very wavy which can be prone to frizz easily in wet or humid weather.

As I am aging the grey hair texture is getting harder to manage and giving up coloring is not an option for me so I decided to give WEN a try to see if it will help all my issues.

I am afraid to know where to begin with combos but 613 is nice so far but I think I need some combo or something better although I am not a big styling product fan. Less products the better for me.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Super Contributor

June is a special month for Chaz and I think he likes to bring in new items, especially 613, in June, so with the core and kids gallons and all the special offers, 613 gallons would be too much for many of us in one month.

As for the other formulas, Fig is the most moisturizing. Seems most WENners use Tea Tree on their scalp if not every cleanse, at least on a regular basis - it is really good for your scalp. I have 100% white/grey hair, so I know what you're dealing with. My white has just stopped accepting color at all. I could get it to hold a color somewhat close to the rest of my hair, but it took a 3-4 step process. I don't have the patience/energy to do that myself or the money to have someone else do it, so I've stopped coloring. I use Tea Tree for my first cleanse, and fig/613 for my second.

As for styling products, you really do need the styling crème. It's more of a heat protectant/anti-frizz product than styling crème, but since that was Chaz' only styling product at the time, it was called styling crème. It will help with your frizz. Depending on your hair, you can use from one pump up to 2-3 for really curly, heavy hair. Put on your hair while it's soaking wet and really twist, scrunch and push it in, especially on the ends. Adding a drop or 2 of a WEN treatment oil to your styling crème also helps with frizz control and added shine.

Do you put a small amount of cleansing conditioner back in your soaking wet hair as a leave in? That also is a big help to smooth out your hair. Do that before you use the styling crème. If you don't want anything else in your hair, doing those 2 things will make a big difference and you really don't need to use anything else.

If you want more curl definition, the WEN mousse is great. It's not like mousse you've used before - leaves your hair soft not crunchy, but does help hold a style. When you pump it out it's more of a froth than a cream like other brands, so it goes on really light.

Regular Contributor

okiebug,

Thanks for the all the info. I may need to try the styling cream. Is any formula of the styling cream better or more effective for my type of hair?

I do leave some 613 in as a leave in and that helps. I had tried fig before but can't tolerate the smell or the eucalyptus/menthol in it and it felt a bit too heavy for me even though I have thick hair and a lot of hair. My hair is sort of like ethnic hair but my skin tone is very fair. Weird I know.

Pom was ok but not thrilling. Never tried tea tree but wondered if it would help me. Also wondering about the Bamboo green tea?

Thanks again!

Super Contributor

I'll try again - the forum was down for a few minutes. The 613 Styling Crème is fantastic. It has a shine complex serum added that the other sc's don't have. To me, all the others are the same except for the scent.

If Fig was too heavy, Bamboo Green Tea might be a good choice, or Sweet Almond Mint, even the seasonals. Do try tea tree if you can. Just be aware it does have a stronger scent than the others, with a little tingle, but if you can handle that, it does wonders for your hair and it mixes well with everything else.

Regular Contributor

Thanks a bunch okiebug! Your info is very helpful!

Pink

Honored Contributor

On 5/30/2014 okiebug said:

I'll try again - the forum was down for a few minutes. The 613 Styling Crème is fantastic. It has a shine complex serum added that the other sc's don't have. To me, all the others are the same except for the scent.

If Fig was too heavy, Bamboo Green Tea might be a good choice, or Sweet Almond Mint, even the seasonals. Do try tea tree if you can. Just be aware it does have a stronger scent than the others, with a little tingle, but if you can handle that, it does wonders for your hair and it mixes well with everything else.

While the CC formulas each work differently on people's hair, from my personal experience, the SCs all seem to work about the same. I've tried TT, LAV, CA, and SAM.

I use the 613 SC exclusively now because, as okiebug mentioned, it really bumps up the shine. It also has some of the amino acid complex in it which the others don't (and my thin/fine hair can't get enough of it).

-- bebe Smile

Regular Contributor

bebe777,

Thanks for the info as well. I really do prefer the 613 so maybe I'll stick with that and add the styling crème to see what happens. I just would really like to order a gallon of it now!

Pink

Contributor

I checked my order from last year, it was mid September that it was offered.

If I recall, it sold out quickly, a few days... and they were able to restock.... It didn't last long after that tho. So I would keep your eyes peeled around September.

I wont be reordering it this year... I still have it from last year and I refill it with parts from TSVs. I also have a huge stockpile as well, so I doubt I will run out anytime soon.