Super Contributor

Re: Looking to add a peel. Suggestions

On 7/21/2014 itsmagic said:

I really like the 25% Mandelic Acid peel from Make Up Artists Choice. I have very sensitive combo skin and it isn't too strong and there is no down time with it.

I just recently decided to start a peel again and when I contacted MUAC, this is the one that was recommended for my very sensitive skin. I'm waiting for it to arrive. Glad to hear you are doing well with it. I've used their BHA and lactic acid peels in the past.

Respected Contributor

On 7/21/2014 cassiem said:
On 7/21/2014 itsmagic said:

I really like the 25% Mandelic Acid peel from Make Up Artists Choice. I have very sensitive combo skin and it isn't too strong and there is no down time with it.

I just recently decided to start a peel again and when I contacted MUAC, this is the one that was recommended for my very sensitive skin. I'm waiting for it to arrive. Glad to hear you are doing well with it. I've used their BHA and lactic acid peels in the past.

This peel does not hurt at all while I have it on my skin but I sometimes get a tiny bit of tingling after I take it off (I leave it on the maximum 5 min.). When it is done I have instant brightening. I sometimes get a little flaking a couple days later but nothing major. I hope you like it!

Super Contributor

Just went to Ulta at lunch and saw the Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Peel Gel. Looks like it might be a good way to see into a peel. Not too harsh. But Dr Denese Light Resurfacing Peel sounds nice also. Thanks for the tips!! Maybe if I go to Sephora they could give me some samples to try.

Super Contributor

On 7/21/2014 maryfw said:

Just went to Ulta at lunch and saw the Peter Thomas Roth Firmx Peel Gel. Looks like it might be a good way to see into a peel. Not too harsh. But Dr Denese Light Resurfacing Peel sounds nice also. Thanks for the tips!! Maybe if I go to Sephora they could give me some samples to try.

The PTR is very nice but more of an exfoliator. ASDM Beverly Hills has every peel you can think of. I have started with the Glycolic Lactic Peel because it is gentler. They have Lactic and Glycolic peels of all different strengths and they are very reasonable. They are also on ebay and amazon.

Respected Contributor

On 7/21/2014 cassiem said:

I highly recommend Makeup Artists Choice. Customer service is excellent. If you contact them and describe your skin, they can recommend the best peel for you. I have ultra sensitive skin, so in addition to helping me choose a peel, they helped tweak the application method for me.

Excellent advice given by cassiem and Sweet Susie. Awesome peels and c/s. The peels are far superior to OTC at dept stores or shopping channels and far less $$.

Super Contributor

Thank you. I will contact Makeup Artists Choice and give it a whirl.

Super Contributor

I haven't used a lot of peels. I did use the Mandelic acid peel from MUAC and it was nice and gentle. I wasn't wowed by it so I didn't reorder.

ASDM Beverly Hills has some nice peels too. I'm going to be trying a sample of the Glycolic Lactic acid peel that Kat sent me. It is supposed to be more gentle than a glycolic peel due to the Lactic acid that it includes.

Super Contributor

JeanLouiseFinch - You asked what do I want it to do? I have no experience so I don't know how to answer that question of than whatever a peel is supposed to do. Take off the dead layer? If it could address the pores and blackheads would be awesome. Firming of course would be great.

Skinn has a new peel coming out that has Alpha, Glycolic and Vitamin C. That is this weekend I think. Would really like to try before I buy though. Anyone give samples to try?

I don't want to do anything that would damage or be too harsh since I have never done one.

Contributor

Another vote for make up artists choice they are helpful,knowledgable, and have really great prices.
Valued Contributor

Revive Glycolic Peel for me. I use it very 10-14 days. Wouldn't be without it. My skin looks and feel amazing after a treatment.