Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for a realistic wig...

The synthetic shine can be managed with a big powder puff with some powder on it, or there used to be a popsicle like stick with powder puff attached sold at Amazon, don't see it now.

Most importantly don't put a lot of powder on, shine

decreases as you wear and wash wig.

Good luck finding a wig.

Valued Contributor

Wigs.com not wig.com

Trusted Contributor

@Mz iMac  Yes, there are a number of wig salons in my city but as I said previously, I'm not going to risk my health unnecessarily right now by going to one.  It took enough for me to go to the dentist after almost 2 years, but that was very necessary. :-)

@Oznell  Thanks for all that info!  I guess I don't need a lace front because I always wear bangs, but I do want a part that can be seen.  My hair style and color are very much like this, a couple of inches longer.  My style is simple, definitely not a big head of frou-frou hair:

12 Fantastic Long Hairstyles With Bangs - Pretty Designs | Hair styles,  Long hair with bangs, Long hair styles

Brattin is out because the wig has to be longer than shoulder length and I haven't seen her do anything longer than about chin length.

And thanks to everyone else for offering their suggestions and products.  I have a lot to check out.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Esteemed Contributor

@Deree wrote:

.... without a synthetic shine (some synthetics look better than others) and most importantly, one with a realistic looking hairline and especially part.  I don't know much about wigs, but I guess a lace front and plucked part? Long hair with side bangs.  I'd also spend the money for human hair if need be.  Thanks.

@Deree  So you want a lace front?  That's gonna cost you significantly.  You need to try those on.  Get your favorite search engine and put the specs in and see what your come up with.  Youtube is always a good place to peruse too.  Soooooo much stuff on youtube about beauty, hair and what people use and buy.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gertrudecloset   I don't think I need a lace front as I always wear bangs, side or front, like in the pic I posted above.

I know there's a lot on Youtube.  The only reason I posted here was just in case there was someone who is very happy with a long wig like the kind I'm looking for.  It's always better to get a personal rec from someone you "know" like on these forums. Smiley Happy

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.