Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for a callus remover thingie, which one is better ?

A sanding block works wonders for me. I have used one for years and my feet are so soft. I do it with dry feet and then shower and use a good skin cream mixed with baby oil gel.

There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do.
Trusted Contributor

I use the Emjoi and I think I'm on the first set of rechargeable batteries! Get good rechargeables and they really last. I got the Eneloop ones from Costco.

I also am on the second roller and I'm not really sure I needed to replace the first one. I wonder if some people have "damp" feet or rinse the rollers off. The directions said to use on dry feet and do NOT rinse the rollers, so I don't. Mine seem to last forever. I just make sure my feet are clean and dry.

My heels were so bad, very prickly and dry, cracking, etc. This thing really made a difference. But I've added a new foot balm, Foot Fetish from Skinn Cosmetics. It keeps them soft and gets rid of that whitish look that I still had. Now if I could use only one it would be Foot Fetish. But since I can I use both the Emjoi and Foot Fetish Smiley Wink

KJPA
Frequent Contributor

I applied Baby Foot one week ago and am in the peeling, shedding like a snake phase. You can only imagine how much I want to pick that all off but so far, have left it alone. LOL, it is gross looking but amazingly the skin underneath looks like, well baby feet. Anxious to see the final results! Am also wondering how long it will last.
Esteemed Contributor

I own a lot of callus remover tools including both the Emjoi Micro-pedi in the electric and battery versions, a Microplane foot file, a foot paddle with sandpaper on it like in the photos above. I like the Emjoi electric version the best but I also find if I'm lazy and I haven't used it in a few weeks then I get a faster result if I use a corn and callus cutter to remove some of the built up dead skin on the outside of my big toes before I use the Micro-pedi. As to my heels, the Micro-pedi works the best but the Microplane foot file also works well in conjunction with the Micropedi if I've been lazy and have a lot of dead skin on my heels to remove.

The Emjoi Micro-pedi works well to remove the dead skin buildup on the side of my left little toe.

Respected Contributor

On 3/17/2015 luvmyz3 said: I applied Baby Foot one week ago and am in the peeling, shedding like a snake phase. You can only imagine how much I want to pick that all off but so far, have left it alone. LOL, it is gross looking but amazingly the skin underneath looks like, well baby feet. Anxious to see the final results! Am also wondering how long it will last.

Yes, keep us posted as to how long the process took in total and how long they stay nice and new! Thanks.

You have a heck of alot more patience then I do, i'd be pick pick pickin! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

AND thank you to the other posters that mentioned the better battery idea, I appreciate it. I did my Ped Egg Power Platinum this late morning and it worked very nice, I like the unit enough to keep it. Hoping it holds up...

Frequent Contributor

On 3/17/2015 philogirl said:
On 3/15/2015 Ludog said:

Biosana Swiss Foot File $18 @ Nordstrom

I promise you I have tried them all, this is the best on the market. Honest. I threw out everything else, manual and battery operated.

Thanks for the rec, Ludog. I ordered the Biosana.

You will LOVE it. I like to use mine after I shower when my feet have been dry for a dry minutes.

Honored Contributor

On 3/17/2015 luvmyz3 said: I applied Baby Foot one week ago and am in the peeling, shedding like a snake phase. You can only imagine how much I want to pick that all off but so far, have left it alone. LOL, it is gross looking but amazingly the skin underneath looks like, well baby feet. Anxious to see the final results! Am also wondering how long it will last.

This is the phase that makes me think I don't want to try it. I imagine piles of skin in my shoes, my bed, all over the house... {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Is it a big mess? Or a little, controllable one?

Super Contributor

On 3/17/2015 willdob3 said:

This is the phase that makes me think I don't want to try it. I imagine piles of skin in my shoes, my bed, all over the house... {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Is it a big mess? Or a little, controllable one?

Baby Foot sounds interesting too. Where do you buy it?
Super Contributor

On 3/17/2015 Ludog said:
On 3/17/2015 philogirl said:
On 3/15/2015 Ludog said:

Biosana Swiss Foot File $18 @ Nordstrom

I promise you I have tried them all, this is the best on the market. Honest. I threw out everything else, manual and battery operated.

Thanks for the rec, Ludog. I ordered the Biosana.

You will LOVE it. I like to use mine after I shower when my feet have been dry for a dry minutes.

Thanks for the tip. I will report back how it goes.
Frequent Contributor

Lol wilddob! It does shed so I have started wearing socks in the house when I normally would be barefoot. I haven't noticed piles of skin in the bed or my shoes but I am really scrubbing them when I shower to get rid of it, although I don't know if you're supposed to do that or not, lol! They have a website but it is available at many different places online. The general price is around $25.