Honored Contributor

Looking for a Christmas Red Lipstick?

[ Edited ]

I recently purchased the Carmindy Lip Crayon Trio assortment set with Nude, Mauve, and Red.  I wore the red all day today, only reapplied once.  IMO, it's a great holiday red, bright without any brown or orange.  The formula is creamy and feels good, not drying at all, and the other two shades in the trio are nice as well.  The entire Carmindy line is deeply discounted right now on the Q.  The lip crayon trio is only $14.98 and has free shipping right now too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking for a Christmas Red Lipstick?

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch    Here is 20 Red Alert in the Dramatically Different Lipstick by Clinique.  Hydrating and skin care for lips.  They still have their 30% discount so check it out. $20 reg. price.  Free Shpg.

Also, here is one by MAC called Mac Red at Nordstrom on sale for $15.  I am sure the sale will end on Sunday.  Check out no. 4 on the arm below. It's satin finish so it's hydrating but not a wet look. Free shpg.

MAC COSMETICS MAC Satin Lipstick, Main, color, MAC RED (S)

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

MAC Ruby Woo is a unviversal red...not too blue or orange, not too warm or too cool, not too pink or too brown.  It's a universal red. 

Honored Contributor

MAC - Retro Matte Lipstick

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

They look nice, @JeanLouiseFinch !

@Shanus  Just yesterday I purchased a Ruby Woo in a mini at the huge mall. (They really didn't have too much of a selection in minis.) Since I don't carry a purse/bag, I needed something to tuck in my pocket. It is a very nice, and I would also say, universal red!

Does anyone know if Avon still does do those lipstick samples? I haven't visited an Avon site in years!

Trusted Contributor

I have this really pretty $2 dupe for Ruby Woo- WnW Stoplight Redhttps://i.pinimg.com/originals/75/e0/60/75e0605044abcb77f7aaa5dc4e7710ee.jpg

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Revlon Cherries in the Snow or Maybelline Red Revival per a previous thread here. My favorite is the first due to reading more magenta on me. RR is more RED. Both are blue based. Thanks to previous posters for your pages of recommendations!