Honored Contributor

Looking for Liquid Eyeliner Recommendation

I desperately need a liquid eyeliner in eggplant or plum, preferably one of those felt tip marker pens.  Anybody know of a good brand, or really, any brand at all?  If not a marker pen, I can work with the traditional brush.  I can't seem to find any.  Also, a good gel pencil would be nice, preferably a self sharpening one.  I like to layer the liquid on top of the gel, extending the liquid past the actual shape of the eye a bit.

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Re: Looking for Liquid Eyeliner Recommendation

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

I desperately need a liquid eyeliner in eggplant or plum, preferably one of those felt tip marker pens.  Anybody know of a good brand, or really, any brand at all?  If not a marker pen, I can work with the traditional brush.  I can't seem to find any.  Also, a good gel pencil would be nice, preferably a self sharpening one.  I like to layer the liquid on top of the gel, extending the liquid past the actual shape of the eye a bit.

Thanks.

@Icegoddess  I love Eyeko, and Kat Von D eyeliner pens. They are fabulous, but I only use black. Not sure about available colors.👁 Bobbie Brown pencils are also good.

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess  I like Stila Stay the Day Waterproof eyeliner pens. I have one in deep plum. And I also love the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner pots. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

As far as a liquid liner, I much prefer a thin brush over a felt tip pen, i find it much easier to work with. As far as a great pencil highly recommend Palladio Herbal Retractable Waterproof Pencil, comes in many shades. 

Honored Contributor

@DianeJ2 wrote:

@Icegoddess  I like Stila Stay the Day Waterproof eyeliner pens. I have one in deep plum. And I also love the Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner pots. 

@DianeJ2, When I looked at Stila on Ulta last night they didn't have Plum.  I have one of those in Green, so I thought they didn't make it in Plum.  I'll check around.  I have some eyeliner pots.  I like them, but they dry up so quickly since I don't wear makeup but about once a week.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

As far as a liquid liner, I much prefer a thin brush over a felt tip pen, i find it much easier to work with. As far as a great pencil highly recommend Palladio Herbal Retractable Waterproof Pencil, comes in many shades. 

@Shelbelle the felt-tip pens I use do taper down to a very thin brush.  I just find them easier to control because you can press on them to make the line thicker if you want to go from a thin to a thicker line.  Is the Palladio a gel pencil?  I'll have to check into that.  Thanks.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

@Shelbelle the felt-tip pens I use do taper down to a very thin brush.  I just find them easier to control because you can press on them to make the line thicker if you want to go from a thin to a thicker line.  Is the Palladio a gel pencil?  I'll have to check into that.  Thanks.

Not labeled as a gel, but goes on so easily and smooth, been using them for years. Get them at Sallys or on amazon or ebay. I love them being retractable. Many shades too. 

Valued Contributor

@Icegoddess  Maybe try Beautylish? I think they carry Stila too. I also  love Kiko Milano eyeliner and have ordered from their site, they have great prices.  I agree that the gel pots can be extra work. They do last on my eyes though, my eyeliner tends to disappear lol The most expensive eyeliner pencil in plum that i bought on an impulse whim is Chanel Cassis. So pretty. 

Respected Contributor

Marc Jacobs just came out with some very pretty liquid gel liners that are waterproof. There's shade called Berry Deep which is beautiful. It might be to your liking. Also there is a pretty purple.I have 4 of these and love them.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @DianeJ2 & @Tricolor .  Found the Stila and the Marc Jacobs.  I was thinking I could only get that color in Stila at the Stila website, but Beautylish has it.  Now, to decide between the two.  

I'm just a little reticent of buying makeup online right now at sites I haven't used before since I had a credit card breach yesterday.  The only places I had used that card recently was Bearpaw and Dior because Dior was the only place I could get the lipstick color I wanted.  It's my fave and apparently has bee discontinued, so I wanted to get a backup before it went away forever.