Honored Contributor

I had to leave my hair stylist because she raised her prices so I went to another salon and really liked the stylist.  So today I receive a phone call that my stylist has left to pursue a different career.  However, I was assigned to somone else and they will work with me price wise.  I hope this works out because I really like this salon and people.

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor
Good luck!!!
Respected Contributor

This profession seems to have a high turnover rate.  I am so lucky that I finally found a good one and have been able to stick with her for the past ten years or so.  I wish you the same good fortune!  I started with her when she first entered the business and her rates were low.  They have slowly raised as she has become more in demand.  Lucky for me, my style and color allow me to keep visits to only 2-3 per year. 

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I had to leave my hair stylist because she raised her prices so I went to another salon and really liked the stylist.  So today I receive a phone call that my stylist has left to pursue a different career.  However, I was assigned to somone else and they will work with me price wise.  I hope this works out because I really like this salon and people.

@Katcat1   Isn't that the pits when you finally find a stylist you like? Hope all goes well w/ the new one. 

Honored Contributor

Mine quit the 45 min drive to get to the Aveda salon I go to. There's one much nearer to where I live (30 min).  I'm looking into it.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Years ago I somehow was shown a list of stylist's earnings for a particular week.  Most of them were part time because they just had not built up a clientele to keep them full time.  Its a rough business to be in.