Super Contributor

Looking For Matte Neutral Eyeshadows

[ Edited ]

I am on the a search for matte neutral eyeshadows.  It can be in a pallet with other nice colors and anything from Sephora or Ulta or any other makeup brands.  I am not doing well with anything with a shimmer in it.  What about the shadow sticks that are out now?  Are there any colors or brands that would work.  I'm 55 and just don't want the shimmer anymore.  Thanks for all your advice!

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking For Matte Neutral Eyeshadows

@luvboyds wrote:

I am on the a search for matte neutral eyeshadows.  It can be in a pallet with other nice colors and anything from Sephora or Ulta or any other makeup brands.  I am not doing well with anything with a shimmer in it.  What about the shadow sticks that are out now?  Are there any colors or brands that would work.  I'm 55 and just don't want the shimmer anymore.  Thanks for all your advice!

The shadow sticks I have from NudeStix all have shimmer to them.  Think most of them do but someone who uses them a lot will hopefully comment.

There are so many neutral palette out right now that you can either go drugstore or higher end.  Tarte has some good ones, Urban Decay Naked 3 mini, Too Faced Naturals, I think its called.  Also E.L.F. cosmetics has good palettes, Wet n Wild has gotten good reviews for their palettes, Milani palettes.

There are so many it will seem overwhelming so if you can, go into an Ulta or Sephora or search online on their websites and see what appeals to you and then go in the stores to check them out.  Walmart or Target sell all sorts of brands too in case thats more convenient for you.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@luvboyds  The only all matte eyeshadow neutral Pallette I love is by Visiart. Its the 01 Neutral Matte Slim Pro 80.00. Bought it on Visiart website. Its high end but its the best matte shadows & well worth the cost. Pigmentated & blends like dream. 

Also you might want to look at Toofaced or Tarte's all matte shadow pallets at Ulta or Sephora. The visiart that I have is not available at Sephora. 

Honored Contributor

I buy talc feee palettes from Pacifica Beauty, all natural, I find them on ebay.  One of the most popular ones is called Pink Nudes, very pretty. 

Super Contributor

Thanks everyone for the suggestions! I will spend my Sunday morning checking out your suggestions.
Respected Contributor

@luvboyds Here are some matte eyeshadow palette that I think might work for you.

Smashbox Cover Shot Eyeshadow Palette Matte

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.04.21 PM.png

ElF Mad for Matte (You can get this at Target)

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.15.26 PM.png

And Maybelline City Mini Palette in Matte About Town (You can get it at any drugstore). It is much nicer than the price tag suggests.  I actually owned it and really enjoyed it.

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.16.24 PM.png

Respected Contributor

@luvboyds 

Also, while browsing Target's website, I noticed that Jason Wu has a matte eyeshadow palette, since it is new, I don't own it or know if it is good or not. But it does look very nice and the price is right for trying it out.

Screen Shot 2021-10-02 at 8.21.28 PM.png

Jason Wu Beauty Flora Eyeshadow Palette in Matte Agave

Respected Contributor

@luvboyds 

This is the palette I use every single day and I use every single shade (except for the white and black ones). I absolutely love it and it's crazy affordable. 

221765_Front_View_Closed_2048x2048.png

Super Contributor

Thank you so much for responding and attaching photo's and commenting about the ones that you have used and liked.  This truly helps me so much!  I becoeme overwhelmed sometimes trying to find something that I tend to just leave without purchasing anything.  

Super Contributor

Thank you!  I haven't heard of this brand before?  Where might I find it?