Super Contributor

Re: Lisa's future....a thought

On 10/14/2014 BOYINTX said:

WHICH GAL IS IT WITH THE DARK HAIR AND EXCEPTIONAL MAKEUP. sHE ALWAYS SALES JEWELS...She is cute but if she took over lISA MIGHT FIRE BACK

A LITTLE CURVY

Trusted Contributor

On 10/14/2014 fthunt said:

I've been reading all your posts re: LR leaving - so this is my thought and my first posting and it will be the last on this subject......................................................

LR did NOT look confident - happy - nor steady when she made her announcement - so I feel this was a spur-of-the moment decision. I don't think she has any future plans at this time.

Reason: Because the big lady boss just got the boot from QVC - new management is now looking at the Profit and Loss bottom line $$$$$ figures.....and have determined G.I.L.I. isn't profitable because the clothing doesn't appeal/or a good fit for the average QVC customer. Therefore, GILI has to go............and LR can not accept the possibility of admitting her line is a failure. Perhaps the big lady boss was the one who encouraged LR to start the line and has been 'covering' for this product line in hopes it would take off.

I've noticed the Friday LR show has been featuring only a few pieces of clothing and the rest of the time has been about foot care, makeup or whatever to fill the hour time slot.

Two months advance notice that's she's leaving the Q - is to get the word out there that she's available for job offers.

Just my thoughts..................I've enjoyed reading your opinions.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/14/2014 alarmclock said:

gardensla - GILI is QVC's brand just like Denim and Company is. No "license agreement" would apply!

Do you know how hard it is to launch a clothing line in a good economy? Apparently not. In a down economy? Impossible.

Considering the quality of GILI, QVC needs to can the line or use better materials and manufacturers.

First, I don't appreciate the overall snotty tone of your reply. No need to be snarky.

Yes, I'm aware that QVC owns GILI but perhaps they've secured her services to design and rep the line going forward. And, it's not insane, based on her sales at the Q, to think that she might have a backer or two for a new line of products.

My point was that I don't think we've seen the last of her on QVC. Personally, I hope she moves on entirely, but betting not.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Frequent Contributor

On 10/13/2014 AnotherView2 said:
On 10/13/2014 JuicyFruit said: I think she is getting married to Alberti and having a bambino.

That would have to be another Immaculate Conception...and just in time for Christmas...

Yep, the vir gin birth.
Respected Contributor

I think she would be awesome as the host of Project Runway: Allstars. No one can replace Heidi on the regular PR, but they have had a hard time getting a personable host for All Stars. IM might have some influence. This is pure speculation on my part and wishful thinking as well.
Occasional Contributor

Or a princess..........
Occasional Contributor

Oops most of my post is missing.....I. think she is getting a private label of her own. But not sure if she will sell on the channel. We all know she does not wear this level of clothing. I love anne Klein , mistook but she will not fit up there either. Don't know
Respected Contributor

On 10/14/2014 cosmic1 said: I think she would be awesome as the host of Project Runway: Allstars. No one can replace Heidi on the regular PR, but they have had a hard time getting a personable host for All Stars. IM might have some influence. This is pure speculation on my part and wishful thinking as well.
we will have to agree to disagree...lol! I can barely stand Isaac on all stars. If LR was the host I probably would have to dvd and FF thru her stuff. Different strokes for diff folks.
Respected Contributor

Lol, birkin baby. I was just thinking that because the hosts are so stiff on All Stars and Lisa knows how to avoid that. No worries, I doubt it would happen.
Super Contributor

Maybe PR, maybe DWTS, maybe Real Housewifes of NYC! She's worked with Issac and Tim Gunn and Bethenny Frankel.