Respected Contributor

I have never heard of Bergdorfs, I dont think we have those stores here on the west coast. They sound like a nice place to shop.

Esteemed Contributor

It's the type of place where the sales people size you up the moment you walk in, deciding if you're a real buyer or a tourist just walking through. I guess if you're on commission it's part of the job, but that can make a shopper very uncomfortable. In my very limited experience there people they think don't belong there get the evil eye.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/22/2015 Johnnyeager said:

It's the type of place where the sales people size you up the moment you walk in, deciding if you're a real buyer or a tourist just walking through. I guess if you're on commission it's part of the job, but that can make a shopper very uncomfortable. In my very limited experience there people they think don't belong there get the evil eye.

I never felt that way at Bergdorfs. The sales people were unfailingly polite and helpful and I didn't walk in wearing Chanel and carrying a Birkin bag.

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Respected Contributor
On 1/22/2015 terrier3 said:
On 1/22/2015 Reever said: I'm just speculating but is it possible she is interested in managing a high end store such as Bergdoffs? perhaps she was interviewing for a position?

Does she have an MBA? or a Marketing degree?

I think she would be better suited to become their "lifestyle" expert...but I doubt Bergdorf shoppers would want to take advice from a former QVC staffer.

I think she was just having lunch at their cafe with a business associate...

Really?? This woman moved a lot of product here. Why wouldn't a big company be interested in her? Maybe she can be head of sales . Lord knows some of the crummy department stores I go into, could learn a few things from QVC hosts.
Respected Contributor
On 1/22/2015 Johnnyeager said:

Well Ok, I dont think I can afford that store then, TG for Nordies! {#emotions_dlg.mellow}

Trusted Contributor

I certainly don't think Lisa is a designer. And I have a feeling any job she gets is going to be based on someone she knows helping her out. She was a salesperson on QVC -- nothing more.

Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 12andcounting said:

I certainly don't think Lisa is a designer. And I have a feeling any job she gets is going to be based on someone she knows helping her out. She was a salesperson on QVC -- nothing more.

Bingo you hit it right on the head

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

LOL! All these Lisa threads are sort of like Where's Waldo?

Frequent Contributor
Maybe she is having lunch with Patty R
Esteemed Contributor
On 1/22/2015 12andcounting said:

So maybe she'll be behind one of the counters at Bergdorf's.