Occasional Contributor

I've worn and adored powder foundations since I started wearing makeup when I was 14. I find they sit the best on my skin and deliver the coverage and finish I prefer. However, due to recently starting a retinoid and the fact I'm getting older and my skin is way more dry that it used to be, powder foundations break apart on my skin and make it look so dry and shiny all at the same time. I'm avoided liquid foundations because I can't stand the feel of them. The only "liquid foundation" that I use and love is the Perricone MD no foundation serum, but use it more as a primer under powder foundation since the coverage is so sheer. So basically, any recommendations for a liquid foundation that won't settle into fine lines and won't dry out my skin? I prefer a semi matte or satin finish. 

(Please no It Cosmetics I have a sensitivity to their extensive lists of ingredients)

Valued Contributor

Re: Liquid Foundation Newbie

Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue Cream Foundation.  (not the stick)

Respected Contributor

I had always used bare minerals powder foundation but found I needed something different as I was getting older and dryer.  I now use bare minerals complextion rescue and then use either bare mineral powder foundation or the bare minerals complextion rescue in the stick form in the areas of my face that need more coverage.  This has worked so well for me.  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@JoNikki   since you don't like the feel of foundations on your skin, have you tried either the tinted moisterizer, or bb/cc cream. what kind of coverage are you looking for?  i am a foundation junkie. i want to try them ALL.  since they can be spendy, i like sample sizes. 

Occasional Contributor

@kittyloo I prefer a medium coverage. I'm young (29) and have decent skin but I still like to have some coverage. I've tried BB, CC, and tinted moisturizers but find they feel heavy as well. I have texture issues Smiley Tongue

Honored Contributor

I love Mineral Foundations, and have used them for years, but since getting older, I find that I prefer a liquid foundation. My favorites right now are:

Becca

Charlotte Tilbury

Both are pricey, but I love them, I would try to get some samples if I were you since you haven't used liquid..Go to Sephora and see if you can get several samples of some....  

Respected Contributor

Tarte shape tape hydrating formula works well. I also prefer powder foundations but I like some variety in my beauty routine so I've tried some liquids and that's my favorite.  Also Charlottte Tillbury magic foundation is nice.

Frequent Contributor

I think you would love the Clinique Even Better Glow. It isn't over the top glowy.It is humidity resistant and offers good coverage.I went to a Clinique counter and they gave me a very generous sample. I wore it to a wedding and it photographed really well. They have a new one and I believe it is the Even Better Refresh and Repair. I found it to be too sheer and drying. There is also a new Lancôme UV Mineral CC that is med-full coverage with an SPF 50. It is supposed to be transfer resistant and all day hydration. Ulta has it online and in some of the larger stores. I am anxious to try it. Good luck!
Honored Contributor

@JoNikki  Two suggestions for liquid foundation low to high.

Low - No 7 sold at Target and Walgreens.  In fact at some Walgreens they have a tool that will tell you what shade you are.  Reasonably priced and excellent products.

High - Chanel.  Chanel has beautiful foundations.  Read the reviews and go to Nordstrom to see the selection.  Free shpg and free returns or go into the store.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation (Y225#MARBLE)I just turned 67 and I have used this foundation for many years. If you can go to Sephora, they will help you pick just the right color. Also, they will give you samples of other foundations that you might want to try.