Super Contributor

I love Lip Sense too!

Regular Contributor

This seems to be popular and exciting but I love lipstick that I apply throughout the day.  I don't want anything that stains nor stays on for hours and hours and I enjoy the luxury of applying lipistick the old fashioned way even with a beautiful Chanel lip brush.  Nothing Better and top it off with BY TERRY collection in gold, silver or pale pink or Too Faced melted lip.

Trusted Contributor

Okay, @beach-mom, I've had my Fire and Ice on for about an hour now.  My first impression was "eww". My lips were sticking together between coats like they were superglued 😳.  I have since applied lots of glossy gloss for moisture. They do feel a little better now but are still somewhat dry.

i am someone who always puts on Vaseline or Chapstick under my lipstick for moisture.  I presume I can't do that with LipSense.  Any tips? TIA!  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

Okay, @beach-mom, I've had my Fire and Ice on for about an hour now.  My first impression was "eww". My lips were sticking together between coats like they were superglued 😳.  I have since applied lots of glossy gloss for moisture. They do feel a little better now but are still somewhat dry.

i am someone who always puts on Vaseline or Chapstick under my lipstick for moisture.  I presume I can't do that with LipSense.  Any tips? TIA!  😊

Hi @BExplorer! OK - I know they advise against the use of anything else under it. Here's what I do and what I was advised to do by DD: Make sure your lips are COMPLETELY dry. Do not close your lips! With them parted, apply the first coat, wait 20 seconds between each coat and do the second and third. Keep your lips parted while you do this and don't let them get wet. Wait 20 seconds after the third coat then apply the gloss. Once the gloss is on you can rub your lips together and they will be fine.Try it and see if that makes a difference! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

Hi @BExplorer! OK - I know they advise against the use of anything else under it. Here's what I do and what I was advised to do by DD: Make sure your lips are COMPLETELY dry. Do not close your lips! With them parted, apply the first coat, wait 20 seconds between each coat and do the second and third. Keep your lips parted while you do this and don't let them get wet. Wait 20 seconds after the third coat then apply the gloss. Once the gloss is on you can rub your lips together and they will be fine.Try it and see if that makes a difference! Smiley Happy

Okay, thanks @beach-mom!  No closing the lips between coats.  I will give that a try tomorrow.  Thank so much for the help!  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

I'm back looking for more guidance. 😊

I am having problems with my lip liner bleeding with this system.  At least I am presuming it's the liner, not the LipSense Lip Color.  I also am presuming the gloss is what is making the lip liner bleed.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I know I may be the only one who wears lip liner 😳.  Or, has anyone found the LiIpSense color to bleed?  

LipSense's lip liner terrifies me since it is liquid.  Has anyone used it?

Just one more question-has anyone tried using something other than the LipSense Moisturizing Gloss over the LipSense Lip Color, such as Vaseline or Chapstick?  If so, did that impact the staying power of the LipSense Lip Color?

TIA for any responses!  😊

New Contributor

I just line my lips with the lipsesense lipstick color using the tip of the applicator before filling in my lips.  I wouldn't use a lipliner pencil with it.  Waxes can break down the lipsense color so that may be your issue.  I made the mistake of putting chapstick over it once and it was a mess.  

Honored Contributor

@BEatrix wrote:

I just line my lips with the lipsesense lipstick color using the tip of the applicator before filling in my lips.  I wouldn't use a lipliner pencil with it.  Waxes can break down the lipsense color so that may be your issue.  I made the mistake of putting chapstick over it once and it was a mess.  

@BExplorer - I do what @BEatrix does. I wouldn't use any other product when you're using this. It's very unique, and I think deviating from the system would not get you the desired results. 

I only use the Lipsense and their gloss. When I use regular lip color, sometimes I do line, but most of the time I don't. As I've said, I haven't used any regular lip colors since I tried this. And I had bought some new summer colors to "stash away" a while back. 

@BExplorer - Try using just the color and the gloss and see how you like it. It may not be for you, but I haven't met anyone here who's tried it who isn't crazy about it! 

My next lip project is to swatch my favorite colors and send them to DD's friend to match. We'll see what she recommends! Smiley Happy

Contributor

I also just purchased these ....haven't tried them yet.  So glad this came up on the board.   I'll be checking back after I try them.   Glad to see good reviews!!!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@BEatrix wrote:

@BExplorer - I do what @BEatrix does. I wouldn't use any other product when you're using this. It's very unique, and I think deviating from the system would not get you the desired results. 

I only use the Lipsense and their gloss. When I use regular lip color, sometimes I do line, but most of the time I don't. As I've said, I haven't used any regular lip colors since I tried this. And I had bought some new summer colors to "stash away" a while back. 

@BExplorer - Try using just the color and the gloss and see how you like it. It may not be for you, but I haven't met anyone here who's tried it who isn't crazy about it! 

My next lip project is to swatch my favorite colors and send them to DD's friend to match. We'll see what she recommends! Smiley Happy

Thanks @beach-mom and @BEatrix for your replies which were very helpful. Good to hear comfirmation it's the other lip liner causing the bleeding issue.  I tried without any lip liner and I didn't like the look on me.  I may have to get brave and try their liquid liner 😳.    But as suggested, I will first try lining with the applicator tip.  Thanks again for the help!  😊