Esteemed Contributor

I went on Amazon to buy more hair color, and I like to buy multiples so that I have enough on hand.

I don't buy a lot, just 4 at a time.

Well, when I went to put my hair color in to my cart, a notice popped up saying that the seller was limiting purchases to one per customer.

Really?

I 'm starting to get frustrated with all of these limits on purchases.

do understand that it's to prevent hoarding, but it makes it harder for those of us who don't hoard.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Well just think. Lots of women need hair color now. Amazon is trying to make enough stock available for their customers.

When things get back to normal you may be able to get 4. And Amazon may consider that hoarding. You'll just have to be patient. I'm betting you aren't the only one in that situation.

Honored Contributor

Remember that on top of the fact a lot of women who normally get their hair colored at the salon are desperate enough to use box color right now, since hair color is not considered an essential business, the manufacturers are probably not cranking them out right now.  

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819   I got that when ordering several things (toilet paper and 12 packs of water that I was ordering for several others besides myself) so I just waited a day and ordered another of the item  and within a week got the amount I needed for everyone  Although with hair color - you will not have a need for it all right away so you can order another every now and then to have a few spares. 

Honored Contributor

I ordered a new handheld vac from Amazon on Sunday.

On Monday, I ordered a replacement filter for it.  I TRIED to order 2, but got the same message.  That the seller was limiting the purchase to 1.  It was a sold and shipped from Amazon item.

It DID suggest though, that I look at the other sellers.  So I clicked on that and there was another seller selling for just $1 more and Amazon does the shipping for them so I ordered another from them.

As for hair color, I had 3 in my stash, am using one tomorrow and I bought another box at Publix a few days ago so that I'll still have 3 in my stash.  Publix didn't seem to have any shortage at all.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

JMO buying 4 kits for haircolor IS hoarding! Woman Surprised

"Pure Michigan"
Trusted Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I went on Amazon to buy more hair color, and I like to buy multiples so that I have enough on hand.

I don't buy a lot, just 4 at a time.

Well, when I went to put my hair color in to my cart, a notice popped up saying that the seller was limiting purchases to one per customer.

Really?

I 'm starting to get frustrated with all of these limits on purchases.

do understand that it's to prevent hoarding, but it makes it harder for those of us who don't hoard.

Wow! Good to know. I have 2 boxes of color and my roots are terrible but I'm working from home so I don't care. I guess I will save it until I actually need it! The hair color shortage started awhile back, That's why I bought 2 boxes when I saw them. They only have about 4 boxes of each color at my walmart anyway. Mine even less. (red) I've had a coupon for 4 total and not been able to find 4. This was a long time ago when I used coupons. Now I'm just glad to get the items at all, much less on sale. 

Honored Contributor

Manufacturing companies have sent most of their  employees home due to COVID.

There simply isn't enough product being made to satisfy demand so to make sure everyone get's what they need, they limit.  No one LIKES it but surely it's understandable.

Respected Contributor

Re: Limit 1 Per Customer

[ Edited ]

Try buying Summer's Eve Body Powder. I've been trying for over a month. Every time I think an order had gone through, I get an email within a day or two, stating it's not available.

My stylist gave me 2 applications of my hair dye formula on 3/17. I knew it would not be enough to get me through this, so 4/11 I placed an order at Sally's. It's still in process. Yesterday I used the second application from my stylist. Here's hoping my order ships soon.

Honored Contributor

I did not realize that they were doing this with beauty products also??  Wow.  Okay.  It seems that nearly everything is getting in shorter supply.  Not just cleaning products and food items, etc.  I haven't been buying much in the way of beauty supplies lately, so don't know.  I did try and buy this Walgreen brand body lotion awhile back and they said -- due to high demand it would be probably about a month before they were able to ship.  And it was about amonth!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin