Valued Contributor

I ordered 3 Herbatint hair colors from Vitacost a few days ago cause I had a coupon.It has very nice ingredients and less chemicals.

It is made in Italy where I am from.I refuse tp purchase cosmetics made in China.

It is far superior to the L'Oreal tints I used to get at the store.

Plus it is creamy and my hair feels good and not dry after the coloring,It lasts the same time as drugstore products.

Frequent Contributor

Re: Limit 1 Per Customer

[ Edited ]

@Bibione wrote:

I ordered 3 Herbatint hair colors from Vitacost a few days ago cause I had a coupon.It has very nice ingredients and less chemicals.

It is made in Italy where I am from.I refuse tp purchase cosmetics made in China.

It is far superior to the L'Oreal tints I used to get at the store.

Plus it is creamy and my hair feels good and not dry after the coloring,It lasts the same time as drugstore products.

I use Naturtint (used to use Tints of Nature and have also tried Herbatint) and LOVE it. Those three are cruelty free, as opposed to all those others; plus, they don't smell bad. They're a little more expensive, but worth it to be cruelty free. Bought a six-pack of Naturtint on Amazon for $50. 

Honored Contributor

I heard a few weeks ago that boxed haircolor was pretty much wiped out of the stores like Target and Walmart.

My nails were horrendous so I went into Walgreen Sunday for other things and ended up buying glue on nails.  The pickings were very slim.  It was obvious a lot of people are now taking matters into their own hands.

Frequent Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I heard a few weeks ago that boxed haircolor was pretty much wiped out of the stores like Target and Walmart.

My nails were horrendous so I went into Walgreen Sunday for other things and ended up buying glue on nails.  The pickings were very slim.  It was obvious a lot of people are now taking matters into their own hands.

So to speak, haha.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 Not that my opinion counts, but to me, buying 4 of that is hoarding.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I went on Amazon to buy more hair color, and I like to buy multiples so that I have enough on hand.

I don't buy a lot, just 4 at a time.

Well, when I went to put my hair color in to my cart, a notice popped up saying that the seller was limiting purchases to one per customer.

Really?

I 'm starting to get frustrated with all of these limits on purchases.

do understand that it's to prevent hoarding, but it makes it harder for those of us who don't hoard.

@Anonymous032819 You wanted four?  So if ten people did that that would be 30 extras, and 30 people that got nothing.  I think limits are good now considering. 

Honored Contributor

In a normal environment I wouldn't consider 4 hoarding.  I buy pro color and have to get it online. Since I mix colors I don't use an entire tube of one color each time.  I also never know when they might be out of one of the colors I use in my mixture.  So, I try to keep enough tubes so that I always have at least enough for one color application.  Doing it this way means I only have to order once every 3 or 4 months which is consistent with OP's 4 box purchase.  If you have to rely on online purchasing you don't want to have to do it every month if you can't do it on a subscription basis.  

Frequent Contributor

Re: Limit 1 Per Customer

[ Edited ]

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@Anonymous032819 Not that my opinion counts, but to me, buying 4 of that is hoarding.

She uses two at a time for long hair, so four boxes is only two or three months' worth.

Frequent Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

I went on Amazon to buy more hair color, and I like to buy multiples so that I have enough on hand.

I don't buy a lot, just 4 at a time.

Well, when I went to put my hair color in to my cart, a notice popped up saying that the seller was limiting purchases to one per customer.

Really?

I 'm starting to get frustrated with all of these limits on purchases.

do understand that it's to prevent hoarding, but it makes it harder for those of us who don't hoard.

@Anonymous032819 You wanted four?  So if ten people did that that would be 30 extras, and 30 people that got nothing.  I think limits are good now considering. 

If you use two boxes at a time, then four is just one backup. 

It's hair color, so it's not like those supposed 30 people are going to die by getting nothing.

Valued Contributor

I usually order 8-10 pieces of my color (just the color, not the kits) from salons on Amazon or Ebay a few times a year.

I had just gotten my order when this nightmare began and now seeing there is a shortage, I am glad I have it.

I wonder if I will have an issue getting the developer when I need it?