Occasional Contributor

Has anyone used the Light Stim for wrinkles?  I thought QVC sold it but am not seeing it on their website right now.  However, I'm wondering if anyone has tried it and if they actually see improvement in their skin tone and laxity.  Light Stim versus the Baby Quasar? 

Thanks for any feedback.

Respected Contributor

You're correct. Qvc no longer carries Light Stim for wrinkles. I bought when it was a tsv. Have been using it for 2-3 years. I am 64 and have very good skin. I believe this has been helpful. I am only now getting lip lines and elevens. 

Amazon sells the product, as does Light Stim's web site. I am replacing mine now, the wire going into product is loose.

Trusted Contributor

@IMW: call Lightstim and tell them about that wire. They can fix it. They'll have you ship it to them and they'll have it back to you within about a week.

I had to do that twice while still under warranty but they didn't ask for proof of purchase. Great customer service.

love mine.

Have had it and used it for 4 years now. I was not blessed with good skin but this has helped the way my skin looks. Have even had an occasional compliment on my skin which surprised me.

I'm  71 so very happy with my results.

Regular Contributor

I bought LightStim on QVC a few years ago when it was a TSV. I love it!!! I use it several times a week in conjunction with NuFace. The two of them are a perfect combo for wrinkles and lifting!!!  My cord got a tear in the LightStim and I just ordered a new one. I think both of these products make a difference in how my skin looks.

Respected Contributor

I had to return mine.  Caused age spots😳😫

Occasional Contributor

Re: Light Stim/iMW

[ Edited ]

Thanks so much for your reply.  Does it require a lot of time daily to use it as suggested?  Unfortunately, I'm not that disciplined.  LOL

Occasional Contributor

Wow, thanks so much for your response.  Do you think it helps with firmness or just clarity? 

Occasional Contributor

Good to hear.  Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

It caused age spots?  Hmmm, never heard of that.  Sorry!

Trusted Contributor

@metejt365,

I have been using the Light Stim for Wrinkles since 2009, way before it came to QVC.  I purchased it directly from the Light Stim website.

I find that even though it's the anti-aging Light Stim version, it does help to heal minor acne breakouts.

Regarding anti-aging effects, meh, I really can't say that it has helped with firming or wrinkles.  Sagging jawlines runs in my family and I'm now 60 with, you guessed it, a saggy jawline.  So, the Light Stim did nothing for me in that regard and I've been using it for over six years, before my jawline started to sag.

It has not given me age spots or freckles that I can determine.  I had very oily, acne-prone skin (still have an oily t-zone) so don't have any major wrinkles to speak of, just fine lines under my eyes...I think the lack of wrinkles is due to my oily skin and not the Light Stim.  It did absolutely nothing to improve my skin tone.

One thing I find annoying about this device is that the wires in the power cord tend to break after a while, say, after a couple of years of use.  You can purchase replacement cords on the Light Stim website and from Radio Shack, but really, they need to come up with a more durable power cord.  It's ridiculous to have to keep replacing it.  I'm on my third cord and not impressed with having to spend more money to keep the thing working.

It's very time consuming to use.  They recommend holding the light against your skin for 3 minutes, then moving it to the next spot.  If I do my entire face, it takes me an hour (I do this while watching TV).  I believe they also recommend using it at least five times a week.  You have to be really dedicated to use this device five hours/week.  Just sayin'.

Is this a miracle device?  Has it perfected my skin?  Do people tell me I look ten years younger from using this device?  No.  To all three questions. The only thing it helped my skin do is heal up acne breakouts more quickly...that's it.

Do I recommend purchasing it?  Well, if I had to do it over again, I would save my valuable time and money and put it towards a cosmetic procedure, like laser, instead.  JMHO.