Honored Contributor

Let’s Talk Concealer

[ Edited ]

I just took a Sephora quiz to find my perfect concealer mate.  Several were displayed but this one looks quite promising.  It's a hydrating concealer that is supposed to be good for dry skin.  Have any of you tried it?

106DFABE-8F7B-4FD8-B627-9425931CBED5.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

I don't know if its me and I dont appy them correcty but whenever I apply concelar I just seem to accentuate my wrinkles. My estee lauder double wear does a good job covering flaws under my eyes so I gave up!

Honored Contributor
I've never heard of it. Hopefully someone posts soon. Didn't know Sephora had a concealer test. Going to look for it next I'm online
Trusted Contributor

Re: Let’s Talk Concealer

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife @I haven't tried that! Please let us know what you think!

@spumoni99 @I have the same issue. Honestly I haven't found a concealer I like as much as the one I LOVED from many years ago when Michael Maron (?)'s line Mojave Magic was available. His concealer came in a little pot. It was highly concentrated but boy did it cover to perfection and not crease. Of course my skin was younger then, and that might be a factor.

I have had surprisingly good results from Bareminerals Summer Bisque but I will only use it if I'm otherwise barefaced. It's just not as versatile if you're wearing serums, liquids or creams and I don't wear the Bareminerals foundation any longer because it settles and just doesn't work well for me now. But the Bisque is great. You use a small brush and just need a tiny amount.

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me 

I haven't decided if I'm going to buy it.  I will be in town this week so I may go to Sephora and look at it.  Since it isn't a brand with which I'm familiar, I'd like to lay hands on it.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I haven't tried it but I know it's brand new.  I'm going to look for the quiz.  After your concealer has had a chance to dry, do you go back in with your finger or a cotton swab and remove what has settled into the fine lines (provided you have fine undereye lines)?  I can't beleive the difference it makes.  If you don't do that and then set your undereyes with powder, you're setting your fine lines filled with concealer.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SurferWife 

I haven't tried it but I know it's brand new.  I'm going to look for the quiz.  After your concealer has had a chance to dry, do you go back in with your finger or a cotton swab and remove what has settled into the fine lines (provided you have fine undereye lines)?  I can't beleive the difference it makes.  If you don't do that and then set your undereyes with powder, you're setting your fine lines filled with concealer.

@monicakm 

I apply my concealer first, then my foundation.  I think by some rules that's backwards but it works for me.  After I apply my foundation I do go back and remove anything that has settled in.

Honored Contributor

@spumoni99 

Try going back after your concealer has dried and use your finger or q-tip to remove product from the fine lines.  I use my fingers

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

Where is the concealer test?  I'm still looking

Respected Contributor

@monicakm  Go to Sephora homepage. Scroll 3/4 down where you will find " need a little guidance" and you will see it