Esteemed Contributor

Re: Let’s Talk Concealer

[ Edited ]

I ordered It cosmetics Bye Bye undereye waterproof concealer in the mini size. Should receive it Thursday. I've read many good reviews and seen videos about this concealer. They say you don't need much to cover, so the mini size should last awhile. 

I couldn't find the test, either.

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SurferWife 

Where is the concealer test?  I'm still looking

I can't find it either @monicakm 

Esteemed Contributor

@Janey2 .. I found the concealer quiz on Sephora.com  but it doesn't help pick a shade.  Am I missing something?   

Respected Contributor
I don’t like concealer. I hardly ever use it.
Honored Contributor

I have 5 go- to concealers--wow that is alotWoman Embarassed) that work very well for the dark purple in the corners of my eyes---one is tarte shape tape--love that one--you need to use the blender sponge to really get the full effect ; another one is by mally, her dark circle corrector, even tho I don't have dark circles only the purple stain, Laura G eye spackle and then I use BE well-rested and bisque--both powders. Don't use alot of concealing except for those bothersome purple stains, but I like the powders for my eye lids mostly. Have come to really like and use the egg shaped sponge too.

Trusted Contributor
@teganslaw

I used IT bbue for years and years. But lately it just started to sit in the creases and lines. Course I'm much older now and I felt I needed a change in concealer. I tried many drugstore brands and I really like the Elf 16hr camo concealer. It DOESN'T crease under my eyes at all and doesn't fade either as my IT was doing. It's wearing great all day. The only drawback is that the colors available are light; buy darker than what you would normally. I was really amazed at the coverage. I also don't have any trouble blending it and only takes a little, just like the IT.
It's very similar, IMO, and worth taking a look at. You really can't lose at the price point.
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife  That's a good idea -- go take a look at it as long as you'll be nearby.  I've learned my lesson -- it's just easier to see/touch/try before you buy.  Sometimes it's not even a matter of saving a few dollars by ordering it from The Q -- sometimes there's shipping and, of course, the wait for the item.  I'm trying to remind myself of how often something doesn't work out and I end up sending it back.  I'm going to try to resist until I see something in person.  Good luck with it and let us know how you like it (if you buy it).

:-)))

Esteemed Contributor

Hi @SurferWife ... did you purchase the Milk Makeup Future Fluid all over Medium Coverage Hydrating concealer at Sephora?    If so, do you like it?  TIA  

Valued Contributor

@spumoni99    I always put moisturizer first, let it dry and then use a primer under my eyes, let it dry and then apply Laura Gellar's Spackle Concealer in a tube with built-in brush applicator.  They say not to spread concealer but to pat it on.  Seems to work for me.  Others have always settled in the fine lines, but not this one.

Honored Contributor

@Boehm Collector 

No, I've decided not to.  I watched a YT video and the review was not so good.  You could see on her skin after her 5-hour test & then 10-hour test, that it doesn't have staying power.  Maybe I should have watched a few more to see if any of the reviews were good, but I decided not to.

I do have a few concealers that I like (IT Cosmetics (the one in the little jar, not the tube) & Too Faced.  I may try the  NARS concealer since I love the foundation so much.  I'm going into town tomorrow to get my hair done so I may stop by the mall on the way home if traffic isn't too bad (yeah, right...LOL!)

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.