Honored Contributor

To the OP, visit an Ulta or a Sephora to try it before going back to buy it. 

@monicakm  Ulta sells a 0.34 Oz. Eau de Parfum purse spray in the La Vie Est Belle scent.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@JustJazzmom 

Thanks!  GTK.  I've never seen that size.

Respected Contributor

I finally got a sample in a Lancome kit and I love it!

I have several sample sizes now and it last forever. I wear it every day at home and out. It's my favorite perfume now. You don't need much and it last all day on me. I just like smelling my arms. lol 

I'm tempted to buy the big 3.4 bottle at 89.99 at hsn but the sample sizes are good right now. That's a great price. Lancome website has 30% off now but this is a better price. 

I also got a sample of the Idole but haven't tried it yet. 

On the other hand I haven't had any luck with the Genifique serum. 

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother wrote:

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Anyone use the fragrance Le Vie Est Belle?  Sounds nice but so hard to imagine a fragrance.  I like light notes (think ORIGINAL Amazing Grace) and not too sweet.

it is nothing like AG. It is strong and cloying. I can't stand it

@fairydogmother   My Mom wore it. It was chokingly strong...smelled like the strongest baby powder with other notes that did not seem to belong together. She also did a huge spray which caused people near her to move over. A definite pass IMO.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   I purchase many fragrances in travel sizes, roller balls, etc. I have different fragrances in full sizes to try and some go "bad" before they're finished.

I have also found that what I like the first few months may not be favorites afterall. Some expensive Jo Malone's have been tossed after 6 months and I realize they're just not me. I have my go tos and then purchased in full sizes.

Honored Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

I understand fragrance is subjective and that many people love this one. I, however, hate it. I hate it more than any other fragrance I can recall. To me, it smells nothing like its description. I think you could use this in lieu of mace. 

@ElvisShops   Lol. I felt the same way when Mom wore it. her clothes smelled like it, scarves, coats and every closet or sofa where she had been was La Vie Est Belle ..."life is beautiful"...NOT!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  - Instead of tossing expensive perfume that you don't like, could you have given it to someone or donated it?  

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal  I offered it to friends and family and noses were turned up. I learned my lesson to begin w/ smallest sizes possible until I knew I loved it.