Respected Contributor

Anyone use the fragrance Le Vie Est Belle?  Sounds nice but so hard to imagine a fragrance.  I like light notes (think ORIGINAL Amazing Grace) and not too sweet.

Honored Contributor

No I haven't even smelled it but am not into those type of scents anymore. I like the lighter ones too and wear amazing grace and all it's sister scents.  

Respected Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

Anyone use the fragrance Le Vie Est Belle?  Sounds nice but so hard to imagine a fragrance.  I like light notes (think ORIGINAL Amazing Grace) and not too sweet.

it is nothing like AG. It is strong and cloying. I can't stand it

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I rarely wear a scent and only when I'm home with my DH.  I'm very sensitive to scents.  I find this is a very light, fresh scent on me.  I use a roller ball so I can control the amount.  I know each of us has our own body chemistry and how something smells on me won't be the same on someone else.  I NEVER wear scent outside my home.  Not fair to those who are sensitive or have breathing problems.

Trusted Contributor

I understand fragrance is subjective and that many people love this one. I, however, hate it. I hate it more than any other fragrance I can recall. To me, it smells nothing like its description. I think you could use this in lieu of mace. 

Regular Contributor

I'm sure it smells lovely on some people, but not on me.  I tried it in a store and ending up washing the jacket I was wearing at the time to get rid of the odor.   

Esteemed Contributor

My cousin loves it, I've tried it and had to wash it off. Too strong for me! 
                             🦨

Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl wrote:

@bargainsgirl  - The Lancome fragrance is very different from Amazing Grace.  While it smells good, it's very potent and doesn't budge.  One small spritz is all you need.  

Trusted Contributor
Lancôme fragrances work well with my chemistry. They are also very well blended and their prices are good and last all day. The one you are talking about is a gourmand fragrance. Since you like AG the closest would be their Idole line. My particular favorite is the Nectar. You can always return a perfume at least at stores near me even if opened. Right now Lancôme is having a gift with purchase at Macys. Good luck.
Honored Contributor

@bargainsgirl 

Yes I've had it. It definitely has a sweetness to it but not a gourmand sweetness.  It also had enough of the floral notes that my husband prefers.  It was nice and I enjoyed wearing it. If there wasn't so much to choose from now, I would buy it again.  If it came in a 10 mL travel size I'd buy it again.