Frequent Contributor

Re: Lancome Skincare- Opinions Please

I agree.  I've been using Paula's Choice and I love it.  I've tried some samples of Lancôme because I do use some of their cosmetics.  Lancôme works well, but is exhorbitantly priced!  Can't possibly be worth it.  I've also used LeMieux skincare which was recommended by my spa.  It is also very nice, and reasonably priced on line.

Valued Contributor

I LOVE Lancome; I have used some of the best skin care lines over the past several years, including Estee Lauder, which I also like every much. I recently tried the very expensive Perricone and Tula products, and I've used Dr. Denese and Tatcha as well as the lines my dermatologist carries.

I am 67 years old and have dry skin...but not one wrinkle. I always go back to Lancome because it works for me. I had hoped the Perricone products would be a miracle but I did not see any difference at all with Perricone. Tula makes a nice moisturizer, and I liked Dr. Denese.......but Lancome is my all-time favorite. Expensive but worth every penny!

Honored Contributor

When I was younger, I noticed my Mother used Lancome. She'd stock pile all the skincare & makeup, keep a list of what she'd purchase for her "free gift". I tried to explain that she's purchasing makeup or moisturizer she's not out of yet just to get another tote bag, some samples of things she's never used & lipstick shades that are not big sellers.

The kicker is that at 88, she's still w/ Lancôme. The woman at the counter talks her into firming & lifting creams & Mom thinks it's really going to be a facelift in a jar. I say it's taking advantage of an older woman to get your commission. That made me lose respect for the company. 

Honored Contributor

I used Lancome many years ago.  It's nice but nothing special.  Lancome is very over priced for skincare and makeup so it's a no from me.  If I were to spend some money on skincare, I would try Laura Mercier or Bobbi Brown.  Actually, Philosophy's Hope in a Jar is very nice because it is light and absorbs quickly into the skin.  If you live near a Nordstrom or Sephora, go and get some samples to take home.  Just tell the sales person that you are trying to decide what works best on your skin.  Good luck.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I absolutely love Lancome's makeup.  I highly recommend it and it has been effective for me for decades.  As much as I love the makeup I am turned off by the skincare.  The fragrance wouldn't bother me, but the products never seem to be anything special.  I often get to try the new stuff because I buy so much makeup from Lancome, a favorite counter rep gives me samples of the skincare, and of course during special GWP promotions Lancome always includes skincare in the gifts.  

No doubt there will be some people who love Lancome skincare, but most people I know who use it do so becuase they love the makeup and tend to be one counter cosmetic shoppers, who don't like trekking to various counters and searching around online trying to put together a regimen. These are women who buy their haircare at the salon where they have their hair done.  They aren't lazy, quite the opposite, and buying Lancome they aren't all that concerned about the prices.  Many are busy career people, but even among the retirees, they tend to be the type who just don't want to spend a lot of time shopping for beauty. 

Occasional Contributor

I was loyal for 20+ years esp skincare and mascara BUT now Im looking elsewhere. Theyve been cited 2x in Europe for exaggerating claims, which were true for me on GENIFIQUE and the texture product (dark aqua blue packaging) BUT LOVE their RENERGIE LIFT MULTI ACTION, tho it's getting pricey now! Its in a pump that pops up then pushto dispense. NEARLY FULL, It won't

work. I hate this delivery system! I have 4 expensive items which will not work, but partially used ! Fortunately....good news, bad news story: On another of the key skin care products I suspected

an allergi reaction. The Lancome lady I happened to reach

(vs. standard vc.Customer Svc) took all info down inc where I bought it and what I paid plus details of my reaction.  I asked fr NOTHING, just inquired. 2 days later a check arrived FROM Lancome for the full price. ! In our area we have Belk Stores (Macys comparable AT LEAST) and Nordstrom's, which do "returns forever, no questions." My faulty item above IM SURE. will be returnable to Lancome if nt where I bought it which was Belk's.

I suspect its not much more than a " before the trend" hyaluronic acid in a creamy serum form, so I hope I dont have to exchange for  more Lancome since Hy acid is EVERYWHERE NOW and much less costly. 3 I CAN'T return are Dr. Brandt, who was big on this delivery system.

Occasional Contributor

YES to Cera Ve, Cetaphil and a new one in this medically recommended group I really LOVE : Seba Med body and facial skin care. Hubby open heart surgery and an amputation. BOTH Docs said DIAL SOAP (antimicrobial)  ONLY for 4 weeks, then Seba Med at incision sites. Seba Med is wonderful, Im goin to compare the three above (i.e. not Dial) by reviewing the ingredients. I am having FABULOUS results with stress ecxema n MY FACE with goats milk products....not on TV! On a trip to the diabetics products store the skin care ESP FOR DRY SKIN I found wonderful skin care products

we dont normally see but some showing up in Ulta and imilar stores. Ex: Atopalm.  And thats just a start at options to diabetics who must protect their skin and are inclined to dryness. Im

Not into all the retinols "out there" and use Rx Retin A , which I buy from a Canadian website I researched on their version of a pharmaceutcal council/FDA site, where by law meds can be marked up only x % making it very afforsdable. JUST take  time  

Occasional Contributor

BEAUTYPEDIA IS Paula! Tho, I think others apppear as it now. She started it and reviews alwas lead back to Paulas Choice!

Respected Contributor

I LOVE their Progres eye cream!!!

But, that's the only Lancome skincare my skin likes. Their face creams, cleansers, etc. cause acne, itching, & irritation on my face. 

Respected Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

I LOVE their Progres eye cream!!!

But, that's the only Lancome skincare my skin likes. Their face creams, cleansers, etc. cause acne, itching, & irritation on my face. 

@spot555  Progres is hg staus for me and I always have a backup jar stashed. Even better than Perricone and I use over Perricone eye sewrums, which can be drying (but lift like a dream!)