Esteemed Contributor

I recently tried Teinte Idol 24 H.  The color match (ivorie) is perfect for me, but I'm not sure about this matte finish.  I'm going to go back and see if I can get this shade in something more natural or dewy.  I went to their website, and they have so many foundations to choose from.  If you're familiar with the line, what is the difference between the finishes radiant and luminous?  I like the full coverage and staying power of Teinte Idol 24H, but I'd like to move away from matte finish.

When I first went to the mall, I told the SA I was there for foundation, but she was a hard sell on the skin care.  I was also going to get eye shadow and blush, but by the time she went through all the skincare options and color matched the foundation, there was a long line of people waiting, so I just got the foundation, primer, and setting powder.  I'd appreciate any suggestions because this is the first time I've tried the brand, and the SA wasn't very helpful.

Honored Contributor

I've been using the Teint Idole 24H foundation (samples to determine which number looks the best on me). I went to one sales counter and got the Teint Miracle. The Teint Idole has an SPF of 15 or 20 which is important for me. I do use the Le Base Pro w/o moisturizer before applying the foundation. Teint Miracle doesn't contain any sunscreen.

The difference between them is that the Teint Miracle is not as matte as the Teint Idole is on my face. I will have to play with it a little more and see how I like it compared to the Teint Idole.

I would suggest going back to get samples of the various tints in the various foundations they offer and see what works best for you.

I do not use setting powder.

And to further confuse all of us-- there is their Dual FInish foundation and powder too. I have that also and that works well with the primer below it.

I find that if I do not use primer, the foundations liquid or powder accentuate the fine lines on my face.

HTH a little.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

Hi wildcat fan...Here are a few You might like...Lancome, tried almost all of the foundations they have...& My Favorite is Photogenic Lumessence...looks great even without powder. It's a Semi-Matte & not shinny. Not all stores carry this ask.

Photôgenic Lumessence

The Teint Visionnaire is a Treatment makeup...the makeup is good & has a concealer....shades are hard to match & run dark...if your thinking of getting this one buy it in the store for your correct shade match. Pricey.

Teint Visionnaire

Renergie Lift Makeup...Treatment makeup...Very Dewy finish...for a mature skin. Coverage is good & needs powder to set...firms.

Rénergie Lift Makeup SPF 20

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Esteemed Contributor

I just ordered Lancome's new Nude Miracle Foundation that they're airing now on HSN.  I'm so weak when it comes to trying new foundations.  It's supposed to be really light weight and just feel like skin.  We'll see.  

Frequent Contributor

I bought their miracle cushion foundation (the one with the compact in the sponge) over the summer.  I liked it a lot, but it was very sheer.  I feel like I need more coverage in the fall and winter, so the girl at the salescounter recommended Teint Miracle.  I didn't have time to be color matched so I'm going to go back next week to get it.  She said the Teint Miracle has a very pretty dewy finish, similar to the miracle cushion, but it has more coverage than the cushion.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for responding!  I will ask for some samples before I purchase.  I would like to stay with this brand because this is the best color match I've ever gotten in a long time.  I will continue to use Teinte Idol 24H, but I would also like to have another finish on hand.  I appreciate your help!

Honored Contributor

Recently my daughter and I were in Ulta, and there is a Lancome Counter there, and the woman spent a nice amount of time with my daughter with foundation choices, as she did not want a matte finish either for winter time, she ended up getting the dual foundation and is very happy with it, it is a powder foundation, but not at all drying, and the color match was perfect! Since they have so many choices, I would definitely ask for samples unless the sales clerk has time to spend with you! 

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Recently my daughter and I were in Ulta, and there is a Lancome Counter there, and the woman spent a nice amount of time with my daughter with foundation choices, as she did not want a matte finish either for winter time, she ended up getting the dual foundation and is very happy with it, it is a powder foundation, but not at all drying, and the color match was perfect! Since they have so many choices, I would definitely ask for samples unless the sales clerk has time to spend with you! 

Lucky you!! Most Ultas have no Lancome counter at their stores-- a select few do. Most Ultas carry near the grab and go areas before the registers just their Hypnose Drama and Definicils mascara and the Bi-Facil eye makeup remover. Ulta does carry more of the Lancome line on their website.

Sephora also carries Lancome and has an exclusive 6 months with a new eyeliner goes on like a crayon/pencil. Drama Liqui-Pencil shown below in Parisian Night -- 16 shades available.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼