Contributor

oK, I will try this review again... for some reason the lengthy review I wrote before I erased by accident... Smiley Sad

BnB: I have used Porcelain before in the vanilla nudes kit, and like the color and I have also used the Fair for years. This Porcelain is definitely whiter than in the vanilla nudes kit, but I am glad I got Porcelain instead of the Fair because it seems a lot of people have been complaining that the Fair has been very dark and orange, and Fair has sometimes been too dark for me anyways. Having said that, here is my continued review: It is definitely more opaque. I only need 1 sweep of this BnB versus several swipes in the regular BnB formula. It also has a sheen. Kinda like the white sheen when applying physical sunblocks. Here is my problem with this BnB - it does NOT go on evenly!! I usually apply with a puff because I like full coverage. This made me look like a cheetah with white spots! I had to take my regular BnB formula over the new one to even out my skin... I will try applying with a brush tomorrow, but oh boy, didn't like how this BnB applied. Maybe I will layer with the regular Fair anyways because this is very white and also to tame the sheen. I have oily skin, so don't need any help in the sheen department.

Eye/Highlighter Palette: I really like this palette. The highlighter is a peachy skin tone sheen and not super glittery or overly white. It is a nice highlighter. I applied as an eyeshadow base and highlighter below my brow line and like it. Haven't applied on my cheecks yet as I applied it for the 1st time this morning. The eye colors are nice. Definitely can be applied sheer or darker. I tend to like a darker eye so will try it wet tomorrow.

Eyeliner: I don't particularly like LG liners and prefer Mally or Tarte Amazonian Clay liners. LG liners on me smudge and travel. I also prefer black liners. I am Asian so have black hair and eyes, so black liners are better for definition. The color is a medium gray. Nothing special.

Blush: This is my 1st time applying cream blush, so I am sure there is a learning curve. I didn't find the color too dark, and I am definitely between Porcelain and Fair so I am light skinned. It is a pretty mauve color and I think it's pretty buildable. It went on sheer on my but I applied with a light hand. My problem with the blush, is that it dries so quickly so you have to work fast to spread the color out. But as I said, this was my 1st go with cream blush.

Lip color: The color matches well with the blush. It's a coppery rose color. Nice mouse consistency but not very good staying power. Wouldn't have bought on its own but in a kit with a matching blush, it is nice.

Overall: Overall for the value, I like this kit, but am dissappointed with the BnB. I am always looking for SPF for my face, but this may not be the right formula for my skin. Will try again tomorrow and give an update.

Hope this review helped!