Respected Contributor

I went through a phase and nibbled here and there.

Finally, said to myself, "self, you need to be proud of your hands so stop biting on them".  I listened so they are a really nice length now except for 2 fingers but I want to strengthen them.

What do you use?

Honored Contributor

Re: Keeping Nails Hard

[ Edited ]

Biotin, MSM, and liquid collagen (protein) are among my usual supplements. I also take a little bone broth when I can fit it in.  I also use Hard as Hooves nail cream, when I remember. 

Honored Contributor

Omega 3 supplements have helped me

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Just Bling wrote:

I went through a phase and nibbled here and there.

Finally, said to myself, "self, you need to be proud of your hands so stop biting on them".  I listened so they are a really nice length now except for 2 fingers but I want to strengthen them.

What do you use?

@Just Bling   My physician feels many supplements interfere with prescription medications, even though it isn't stated in the literature. I also feel eating a healthy diet, including calcium...milk, leafy greens has helped a lot. I also keep cutting my nails short so no breakage and use Sally Hansen Hard As Nails. 

With my type of work and painting, I keep them short and use cuticle oil at night and hand cream all during the day. 

Honored Contributor

The only thing I can use on my nails that doesn't peel right off after a couple of days is a product I buy at Sally's Beauty called Nail Life.  The bottle is huge so I cannot even imagine going through the whole thing.

I go round and round with natural nails, then I do an acrylic overlay, then back to natural because I get sick of the upkeep.  I'm in the natural phase right now.  They are very short.  One of the biggest things I hate about my natural nails is polish doesn't stay on.  That's what always drives me back to overlays.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Biotin, gelatin caps, collagen. I also like Sally Hansen 7 in 1 as a base coat. A good suggetion is Swanson's Silicon and Gelatin caps, 200 in a bottle. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bamboo silica supplement. Silica helps move essential minerals (and build collagen) to hair, skin and nails to improve their condition. Silica makes my my nails grow fast, makes my hair shiny and it keeps my bone density in the healthy range. Silica is my fountain of youth.

Contributor

TIPS nail conditioner, finding lately on A

Regular Contributor

@Just Bling  First, nails need a certain amount of flexibility. The first question would be what's going on with your nails that makes you feel they need strengthening, particularly the two that are shorter?

Respected Contributor

Hard as Hoof nail cream. I buy on Amazon. Inexpensive and it lives up to the reviews. My nails are long and strong. They no longer peel or snap off. I apply this cream once a day as maintenance. When I first started, I used it twice a day. In two weeks there was a remarkable improvement in my nails. 

Harmonize the World