Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kate Somerville Questions

On 5/21/2014 MarenSeattle said:

So, if I'm getting this right, the C, the Retinol, and/or the Age Arrest -- in that order>

What if you're also using the Quench, I wonder? I'm thinking before the C, etc., ? This is what's so frustrating about having too many products, IMO. But if they're all good, you want to use them all! :-)

That's what I'm doing, but I'm NOT an expert! I don't use the quench - can you use in the AM?

Super Contributor

I bought the tsv and i use both products at night, I use Ole Henriksen in the AM. I dont see a great change in my skin, not sure i will keep using them.
Trusted Contributor

That info on Facebook seems like it is going to cause more confusion, not less. I think it started out as a question on Mega C and Age Arrest rather than incorporating all 3.

I watched Kate's presentations on her Retasphere and AA. She said that many would probably start with using Retasphere only a few times a week, then slowly building up to every night. After the Retasphere, she said to apply AA although the Retasphere may be enough for some as it is moisturizing. I always use it after because my skin is dry.

Who-ever responded when asked about using all 3 basically didn't address that question at all. Hence the dilemma continues. I didn't see any of Kate's presentations on Mega C so am going to watch the video and see if she mentions how you could use all 3 at night.

If not, I'll call her CS line and really nail them down on how they can all be used in the PM or if that is not recommended. If it isn't then I may not end up trying her Mega C for awhile anyway as I want to use Retasphere nightly for at least the first tube.

I have NCN's C serum, which I really like anyway, and can always use that in the AM.

Valued Contributor

Ok... I called KS customer service the other day and they told me that the AA & RetA should be used at night on whatever schedule that you can tolerate (sensitivity/dryness) and that the MegaC is also a product that needs to be used at night. You can do any combination of these three on any given night.

Apparently, you are supposed to use them in the following order: MegaC, RetA and then the AG. Quench should be used in the morning. I'm just not comfortable using all those aggressive products together so I've devised a system that may work for me with the help of a consultant.

So, this is what I'm going with:

AM Daily: Gentle wash, Sunscreen and Daisy Moisture and/or Quench

M,W,F = AA & RetA (PM)

T,TH,Sat + AA & RetA & MegaC (PM)

Sun = ExfoliKate or quite possibly just give my skin a well deserved REST..lol

Trusted Contributor

Actually I just read that using both Vit C and A together is a real mega benefit for the skin. My only concern was if either contained any ingredient that would negate the benefits of the other (such as using copper and vit c at the same time) Since that seems not to be the case, using all 3 should be beneficial.

I'm not at all worried about using all three on my skin at the same time ............ very common here for dermatologists to create their own topical formulas of retina A (which is Vit A,) Vit C and hydroquinone since melasma is so prevalent here. It helps melasma sufferers significantly.

Honored Contributor

I am new to retinol and took the jump w/Kate's TSV. I have ezcema and was hesitant to use a retinol product. My skin is extremely dry and sensitive. Kate's products was hydrating and I'm usinge RetAsphere 2x a week alone and the AA every morning and night except when using RetA. I also ExfoliKate 2x a week right before the RetA. I'm reading a lot on serum with Vit C. What does it do for the skin and how does the copper come into play? Can someone use layman terms. TIA.