Honored Contributor

Re: Just got carded at 67! - guess my skincare is working...LOL!

On 7/12/2014 Andreatoo said: a lot of bubble bursting going on here! You can't just let her have the compliment??

Yes my thoughts exactly.

SMH

Super Contributor

On 7/12/2014 Andreatoo said: a lot of bubble bursting going on here! You can't just let her have the compliment??

Because it wasn't a "compliment" and I find it sad that she seems to need it so badly. The OP speaks of women being beautiful no matter their age but then goes on about her skin care and how thrilled she is that she was carded. Why? Health and inner spirit are what keep us young, not smooth skin.

Honored Contributor

On 7/12/2014 BlueCollarBabe said:

Because it wasn't a "compliment" and I find it sad that she seems to need it so badly. The OP speaks of women being beautiful no matter their age but then goes on about her skin care and how thrilled she is that she was carded. Why? Health and inner spirit are what keep us young, not smooth skin.

I think you miss the point, BlueCollarBabe. It is not that she needs its so badly....she just has it happen so much and all's she has to do is look in the mirror and or at people her same age and see it. She is simply stating a fact and enjoying the compliments. What woman wouldn't? No one is calling themselves drop dead gorgeous....those who look young are just stating a fact. It doesn't make us "shallow" people. Of course we realize there is more to life. In a world that can be so negative and people so judgmental.....it's just a little lift in your day...nothing more...nothing less. It makes me feel pretty good when every thing else is going South{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I could tell you some funny things that have happened to me and how much laughter this has brought into my life but I doubt you would believe me so I won't and you are right about health and inner spirit. Can't you let us have all three?

Contributor

Good for you! Enjoy the delight of the moment for they are too few! And do not allow anyone to take that delight from you. It is YOUR moment !!

Valued Contributor

On 7/12/2014 jubilant said:

I think you miss the point, BlueCollarBabe. It is not that she needs its so badly....she just has it happen so much and all's she has to do is look in the mirror and or at people her same age and see it. She is simply stating a fact and enjoying the compliments. What woman wouldn't? No one is calling themselves drop dead gorgeous....those who look young are just stating a fact. It doesn't make us "shallow" people. Of course we realize there is more to life. In a world that can be so negative and people so judgmental.....it's just a little lift in your day...nothing more...nothing less. It makes me feel pretty good when every thing else is going South{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I could tell you some funny things that have happened to me and how much laughter this has brought into my life but I doubt you would believe me so I won't and you are right about health and inner spirit. Can't you let us have all three?

It's just unbelievable isn't it. It's not me, it happens on just about any thread where someone is happy about something. It just eats away at them until it bubbles over and they need to post to knock someone down. Everything after my post, just validates it! I don't need it so badly. Hardly! It happens frequently! I'm told just about everyday how young I look, and also complimented about being pretty. So now you can start on that too...LOL! No, it's not all that matters but it sure is nice. Just handed my Medicare ID to a gal at the bank and she didn't believe it either. Doctor's office didn't either and neither did a dentist recently. And no they don't card everyone in THIS store...but that doesn't stop the snarky posts either, does it? Thanks Jubilant, but it just shows you what's on here, and the ugliness of the way some people are. Give them any "food" they can twist around and sink their teeth into and you will see these kinds of posts.

Valued Contributor

envy brings out the worst in some.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

I doubt it's envy, though in some cases it may be. For others, it may be a negative reaction to what might be perceived as bragging. In regular society, real life that is, most of us don't feel comfortable bragging about how beautiful we are. We may think it but don't feel comfortable doing it face to face with people. But on social media, which these forums are a form of, regular societal "unwritten" rules often disappear and most people find themselves saying things they wouldn't say to a person's face.

Btw, a recent study showed that over 85% of women in our country believe they appear at least 15 years younger than they really are.

Honored Contributor

On 7/12/2014 Blondelle said:
On 7/12/2014 jubilant said:

It's just unbelievable isn't it. It's not me, it happens on just about any thread where someone is happy about something. It just eats away at them until it bubbles over and they need to post to knock someone down. Everything after my post, just validates it! I don't need it so badly. Hardly! It happens frequently! I'm told just about everyday how young I look, and also complimented about being pretty. So now you can start on that too...LOL! No, it's not all that matters but it sure is nice. Just handed my Medicare ID to a gal at the bank and she didn't believe it either. Doctor's office didn't either and neither did a dentist recently. And no they don't card everyone in THIS store...but that doesn't stop the snarky posts either, does it? Thanks Jubilant, but it just shows you what's on here, and the ugliness of the way some people are. Give them any "food" they can twist around and sink their teeth into and you will see these kinds of posts.

You posted something that is a fact in your life. Not one thing wrong with that. Let them think what they will.....they will anyhow! I like the fact that you posted it unafraid of others opinions. Smile

Honored Contributor

On 7/12/2014 evelomaddict said:

envy brings out the worst in some.

Yep! You hit the nail on the head.

Respected Contributor

Good for you Blondelle! Ignore the ol' soreheads.