Honored Contributor

Julien Farel Anti-aging hair care

Has anyone ever tried anything from this line? I got a deluxe sample of the Vitamin restore which is a product you use in place of your shampoo and conditioner it says once a week but since I only wash my hair a few times a week, it would be more like once every few weeks. Anyways, the sample was only enough to use twice so I can't say how it would be long-term but wow it worked amazingly well! My hair came out fuller (I really don't need more volume, lol) and super shiny and amazing beachy, well-defined waves. 

It isn't cheap but if you only use it once in awhile like a treatment as it is intended, it should last a long time. The scent is nice and light too- nothing too fragrant.

There is also a hydrate restore and de-frizz one and some other products. I was wondering if anyone else has tried these products and what their thoughts are on them.TIA!

This is not me but this is seriously how my hair looked after using it (on the right of course) and my hair is about this long and this same style/look:

Respected Contributor

Re: Julien Farel Anti-aging hair care

@HappyDaze  Oh gosh your hair, (well if yours looks like that WOW)....Beautiful

I have not heard of it, but will go check it out if I can find it...So you add it to whatever you use, sounds interesting for sure...Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@quadmimi wrote:

I have not heard of it, but will go check it out if I can find it...So you add it to whatever you use, sounds interesting for sure...Smiley Happy

@quadmimi yes, my hair looks almost exactly like this except mine is a bit lighter (more blonde). Other than that, it looks the same! Smiley Happy

I hadn't heard of it either but got the deluxe sample from Dermstore from an order awhile back but never tried it. I am trying to get through all my samples and came across it and decided to give it a try. Dermstore has it, as well as Amazon and, of course, Julien Farel's own website. Dermstore has free shipping and a good return policy too in case you don't like it.And no menthol! It looks like it is rice protein based too. I did a brief glance at the ingredients and don't see anything in it that can be problematic. It even has honey, which you know I LOVE in haircare! Smiley Happy

But yes you just use whatever you normally do and once every so many washes use this instead. You just apply it like you would a shampoo but then let it sit in the hair for about 2 minutes (I probably left it in for 5 minutes) and then rinse out and done. Easy peasy.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@quadmimi wrote:

@quadmimi yes, my hair looks almost exactly like this except mine is a bit lighter (more blonde). Other than that, it looks the same! Smiley Happy

I hadn't heard of it either but got the deluxe sample from Dermstore from an order awhile back but never tried it. I am trying to get through all my samples and came across it and decided to give it a try. Dermstore has it, as well as Amazon and, of course, Julien Farel's own website. And no menthol! It looks like it is rice protein based too. I did a brief glance at the ingredients and don't see anything in it that can be problematic. It even has honey, which you know I LOVE in haircare! Smiley Happy

Yes I just went on his website...He has the shampoo's the whole line..I will check this out, ahhh no menthol!...Smiley Happy thanks for posting

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze first of all you must have beautifu hair.  Lucky you.

I tried the Vitamin Restore, which I think if the same thing you are talking about, and my hair has been in the worst condition after using this.  I was thinking of sending it back because of the price.  I just can't believe what my hair looks like ... it's just dry and dull.  I read the directions over and over and I used it accordingly.  I don't get it.Woman Frustrated

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

@HappyDaze first of all you must have beautifu hair.  Lucky you.

I tried the Vitamin Restore, which I think if the same thing you are talking about, and my hair has been in the worst condition after using this.  I was thinking of sending it back because of the price.  I just can't believe what my hair looks like ... it's just dry and dull.  I read the directions over and over and I used it accordingly.  I don't get it.Woman Frustrated

@Karnerblue thank you! Smiley Happy

Yes I think it was the vitamin restore (not the shampoo and conditioner). If that is what you are using, you aren't using instead of shampoo and conditioner right? It is more of a treatment and not to be used regularly. If that is how you are using it-as a treatment- I have no idea why it would do that to your hair! Yikes! I had the opposite affect- super shiny and really defined my waves, made it look like I curled it (just like the picture shows). It has so many good things in it like honey, that should really help to give it shine. I only had two uses out of the packets but had great results with it. Did you have any good days with it or was it dull and dry from the first time you used it?

New Contributor

I tried the Vitamin Restore it is siimply amaziing!  It left my scalp and hair in beautiful condition after one use.  By using this amazing product your is no longer dry and itchy.

Left my hair in beautiful and shiny condition.  My hair was reborn!!

Bravo Julien Farel I will be purchasing more hair products from you!

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

Regular Contributor

I got the Vitamin Restore with the travel shampoo & conditioner. So far so good, using the restore every other shampoo as directed. Of course, no way to tell after just a couple of weeks, but my hair looks good when I use it, and my scalp doesn't feel as itchy as it usually does this time of year. We'll see if there are any other long term benefits (like my patchy-Wen-associated loss returning)....