Trusted Contributor

Have you ever just gone skin cream crazy?

I am now using PTR and the rest of my Perricone and another company on the way..........I am going to just use them all one for a week the other for a week the other for a week just to see what happens.........I know I won't know what is working best but I know what Perrricone has done and I think it has staved off the wrinkles but it does not help the lines around the mouth and I can say I have very few wrinkles but those lines the creams did not make them look better...........but I don't have wrinkles anywhere else just starting to get a few lines under my eyes.........and those 11 lines coming back since botox only lasts about 3 months and I can't afford it unless he is $100 for a treatment and that is only once a year.  He is a great dermatologist.  It is a long time to wait until November.

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever just gone skin cream crazy?

No, I believe in staying out of the sun and using only a few products. You mentioned in another thread about your not having enough money to eat. Please be careful of believing false promises from vendors just encouraging you to part with your money.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Absolutely not!   I'm aware that cosmetic companies lie and exaggerate their claims,  preying on the hopes of women for eternal youth.   Well,  it's just not going to happen.   If there was something that eliminated the signs of aging,  it would be in the headlines of every newspaper in the world.   I refuse to let these companies take advantage of me.   I have used very inexpensive skin care for years,  have saved a ton of money and I bet I look as good or better than other women my age. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If you seriously are skimping on food to buy skin creams that is truly self-defeating.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Trinity11 wrote:

No, I believe in staying out of the sun and using only a few products. You mentioned in another thread about your not having enough money to eat. Please be careful of believing false promises from vendors just encouraging you to part with your money.

@Trinity11 I agree with you- a few products with key ingredients that address issues I am most concerned about is all I use. I also don't have the patience to have a long, drawn out skincare and makeup routine so I want quick but effective products.

I also do not think a week using products is enough to determine what  works and what doesn't. 

OP If perricone products work for you, why not stick with them? You've said you are about to file for bankruptcy because of your spending habits on a tight income so perhaps buying tons of different products isn't the best plan of action-stick with what works and then you can factor in the cost into your budget. 

Trusted Contributor

I guess I should be more specific, I have food money but not eating the foods I used to eat.  You have to work a budget and so to have things some things have to go.....so I eat more simple and have since new disease since 2013.  I don't need anyone to tell me what to do with my money and I am learning through a therapist that I need to stop apologizing that when we apologize we are telling ourselves we are not worthy.......that we do not deserve something.......so I take her advice and run with it.......unless I hurt someone on purpose and I do not do that, I will not be apologizing for anything anymore.

Trusted Contributor

So much is genetics and staying out of the sun but we did not know that in my life early enough.......and for the lady that made a comment about me not having money to eat if you were being kind thank you but I am not going totally hungry for skin care but you have to pick and choose..........what to do.  And it is addicting especially when I was raised we do not age we stay youthful regardless of the sacrifices and well they are not here now but my grand ma ma and mother drilled that in my head as beauty was important to them.  It is hard to break those teachings and brain washing. 

Trusted Contributor

It is no ones business but I am not buying the junk food any more like treats and no alcohol as I started drinking last year......a little mascato and that puts on calories........

Trusted Contributor

I am not filing for bankrupcty...........I was discouraged one day and a friend said that is what I should do since I was cheated with my head injury but I can make my payemnts no reason to file for bankruptcy.  I no longer talk to that person I thought was my friend.  Women are hard to trust as I am finding out more and more as I get older.

Trusted Contributor

maybe Perricone is working but not in the lince around the mouth.......and they have products for that and I used it for two years and no change.  So I got fillers.  Super discount as I sent him a high dollar client.  lol