Honored Contributor

The vitamin and supplements industry is totally unregulated.....you do not know what you are getting or if it is even safe.  Buyer beware. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Joyce Giraud hair care

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The vitamin and supplements industry is totally unregulated.....you do not know what you are getting or if it is even safe.  Buyer beware. 

@SeaMaiden 

That's true. There could be anything in it. I don't think it would take long for people taking it to know if it works or not. 

That's why I like Andrew Lessman but he does not sell this. He needs a Cynatine/Biotin product.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Does anyone know if the ingredient deck in her supplements has changed, other than they are higher priced on the Q, Thanks

@Shelbelle 

Did not have that info. but got it off the bottle labels.  

The big question is how much Cynatine HNS is actually in the new formula since it's included with the proprietary blend???

Joyce Giraud Ultimate Hair Strength Capsules from Shop HQ

Calories 5

Vitamin C 100 mg

Vitamin D3 1000 I.U.

Pantothenic Acid 25 mg

Biotin 10000 mg

Cynatine HNS 500 mg

Proprietary Bend- Verisol Collagen, Trans Resveratol, Glutathione Buriti fruit oil, Maracuja oil, Moringa oil, Argan oil  216 mg

Other ingredients- Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Kosher Gelatin (capsule).

New Formula at Q

Vitamin C 100 mg

Vitamin D 25 mcg

Pantothenic Acid 25 mg

Biotin 10000 mg

Proprietary Blend- Cynatine HNS, Verisol Collagen, Trans Resveratol, Glutathione Buriti fruit oil, Maracuja oil, Moringa oil, Argan oil  716 mg

Other ingredients- Vegetable Magnesium Stearate, Kosher Gelatin (capsule).

Cynatine plus other proprietary blend are grouped together as 716 mg in the new formula at Q so who knows how much of each???

The formula from ShopHQ has 500 mg Cynatine plus 216 mg proprietary blend?

The standard for Cynatine seems to be 500 mg daily, I would think anything less than that is ineffective,  now it probably still has 500 with the others totalling 216, just worded differently now.  Thanks for the info. She also touts it has Verisol collagen, but much less than what I take which is the standard amount in 3 tablets daily. 

Trusted Contributor

@NightowlzThat bites. I love the Scalp Detox just the way it is, originally. Yes, I use the strengthening shampoo and conditioner in the blue bottles that go with the scalp product. I hope she doesn't have to change her hair vitamin ingredient deck, as well. I've gotten really good results from the original.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

@morganjen wrote:

@NightowlzThat bites. I love the Scalp Detox just the way it is, originally. Yes, I use the strengthening shampoo and conditioner in the blue bottles that go with the scalp product. I hope she doesn't have to change her hair vitamin ingredient deck, as well. I've gotten really good results from the original.

@morganjen 

Are they blue bottles? I thought they were a dark purple. LOL!!! I also have the scalp detox.

It's available on her site for $98 or $73.50 on AD. You save 25%. I have 2 sets left.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle   What brand do you take?  If I may ask, where do you purchase them?  Are they the Marine or Bovine?  I ordered the Bovine powder from AL last weekend, but after the fact, wondered, what was I thinking?  I don't eat meat, but I do consume fish.  

Also, how large are the tablets you take?

TIA Woman Happy

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Shelbelle   What brand do you take?  If I may ask, where do you purchase them?  Are they the Marine or Bovine?  I ordered the Bovine powder from AL last weekend, but after the fact, wondered, what was I thinking?  I don't eat meat, but I do consume fish.  

Also, how large are the tablets you take?

TIA Woman Happy

Hello, I take Verisol collagen, 3 tabs a day, yes, they are pretty large, bovine. I take Puritans Pride brand or Lindberg from Piping Rock site. But there is a brand from Costco, which I think you can find on amazon and ebay called TruNature, and these are in capsule form, a bit more costly. TruNature also makes a form of Verisol in a powder.  Verisol is touted as one of the best, Dr Dubrow uses it in his supplement, you can read up on it.  2500 mg daily is the usual dose. . Any other questions, please let me know, happy to help. 

Trusted Contributor

@NightowlzYou're right! They are dark purple labels. They look much darker in the shower. The bottle look completely different than the ones on the Q.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle   Yes, I do have another question.  What does the collagen I and III mean?  I am looking at Marine collagen online and some mention this and some don't.  Is it important?  

My husband began the AL free range one yesterday.  He said their is little to no taste.  He mixes it with his tea in the morning.  I am anxious to try a marine version.

TIA

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs wrote:

@Shelbelle   Yes, I do have another question.  What does the collagen I and III mean?  I am looking at Marine collagen online and some mention this and some don't.  Is it important?  

My husband began the AL free range one yesterday.  He said their is little to no taste.  He mixes it with his tea in the morning.  I am anxious to try a marine version.

TIA

Hi, I dont feel qualitfied to really answer your question, I do know that Verisol is bovine, not marine. I would be willing to try marine if it was not sourced from tilapia and comes in tablet or capsule form. .  You can do a bit of online reserch about the various types of collagen. I do think 1 and 3 are very similar, 2 is different, that is for lubricating joints. I take 100 mg cap daily of hyaluronic acid for that.  I can also tell you that Verisol is made from both Collagen 1 and 3.