Honored Contributor

@winamac1 wrote:

She's lovely, and I think she has a great product line.  That being said, I thought she was 40 or 42.

She looks every bit of 38.  

@winamac1, anyone under 50 looks like a kid to me, so I'm obviously useless here.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I really don't think she's used fillers or anything drastic. I see she doesn't use botox on her forehead lines.  I love her products although I use them as moisturizers, not expecting them to get rid of lines and wrinkles, just soften my skin.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@winamac1 wrote:

She's lovely, and I think she has a great product line.  That being said, I thought she was 40 or 42.

She looks every bit of 38.  

@winamac1, anyone under 50 looks like a kid to me, so I'm obviously useless here.

LOL!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Contributor

Josie Maran is nice and all, but it's been too much of a good thing lately.  I find myself turning the channel when she's on. Her tight dresses, repetitive stories...it's like groundhogs day on QVC

Esteemed Contributor

I have a 25 year old granddaughter and people always refer to her as my daughter when we are together. I have never had a thing done except my hair. Part of it is that I'm very slim and can wear junior clothes instead of fuddy duddy things.

Honored Contributor

Re: Josie Maran

[ Edited ]

@barrel racer wrote:

I have a 25 year old granddaughter and people always refer to her as my daughter when we are together. I have never had a thing done except my hair. Part of it is that I'm very slim and can wear junior clothes instead of fuddy duddy things.

And humble, to boot.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

I was convinced when more than one person within one WEEK said my skin looked beautiful and what had I been doing--I'd been using argan oil followed by Josie's protect and perfect spf, then LG balance n brighten foundation.  No one ever comments on my skin---ever!  Then it happened again!!!  Hello, I'm in mid 40's and smoked unitl i was 30 plus sunbathed endlessly until my mid-30's.  I had serious wrinkling going on!  Her products are expensive, but one bottle of argan oil is $48--and goes a long way.  Compare that price to other serums and potions also sold at sephora and you'll see it as pretty affordable, comparatively. 

She never claims to have discovered it, in the way you think she was outside and found an argan tree.  She met someone who had been using it and looked great so she asked her what she had been doing.  Josie's actually saying how SHE, Josie, discovered the wonders of argan oil, never that she actually discovered IT. She seems to be a lovely and sweet lady.  I like what her products do for me, just like I love what LG's makeup has done for me.  People can be mean!!

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1, I totally agree with your post. I know women who now look into oils for their skin who thought they would never use an oil on their face. I love Argan oil but I have to say 100% pure cold pressed Rosehip Seed oil is natures retinol. Its moisturizing but more of a dry oil and absorbs much quicker than Argan & Rosehip is the first thing I use in my nightly routine.. I use Josie's argan because the kits I buy of her butters etc. always have the oil in them. Some Argan oils that I have tryed have such a rancid smell, but their are others that don't and have worked well for me before Josie.

Respected Contributor

The Q puts Josie on a lot because her products work. I use the argan oil and her body butters. I am not a fan of her makeup as I really tried to like it but it leaves my face too shiny looking even with powder on. Her products sell so they put a sure thing on the air. They are about numbers and want to sell as much as they can. I got a lot of people hooked on her products but I also use many other lines as well that work. She is very pretty and looks her age. I thought she was just over 40. I see some crows feet around her eyes and that is normal. 

Respected Contributor