Regular Contributor

Josie Maran Products - help, I'm so confused!

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone! I hope all of you Josie Maran fans can help me have a better understanding of her products. I have used her products for about a year now, and I love them. However, after seeing the tsv presentation last night, I began wondering how in the world you combine all of those products together to get the best results.

After cleansing at night, I use the face butter. Then in the morning, I use the daily moisturizer with SPF before applying the Matchmaker Foundation. I also try to use the mud mask once a week.

The TSV is a really good deal, but that's where the confusion sets in. How would I fit the Argan milk and the Argan oil into my regime? Do all of those products basically do the same thing, and it just depends on what someone likes the best?

Thanks in advance for your help! 😊

Respected Contributor

Re: Josie Maran Products - help, I'm so confused!

If I was getting this TSV, I'd use the Milk at night around my eyes, the Argan Oil on the ends of my hair and cuticles and the makeup in the morning (of course). 

Esteemed Contributor

II have been using Jose products for about 2 years now.  This is what works for me. This is what I have heard jose say also.  The milk goes on first.  I use mostly on wrinkles.  Then you use the face butter and if you don't have that use the argon oil.  I use regular at night and the light during the day.  The make up will go on last.  I use her regular body butter on my legs and arms.  I had very dry elbows and knees.  I don't have that anymore.   I find that it works best for me to put on right after shower. 

I use her eye cream around my eyes.  I keep it in refidge.  After I apply the make up I spray with that spray she has.  I hope this helps.   I am anxious to try this make up of hers.   She has wonderful products.   Good Luck.  I hope I was able to help you a little.

Occasional Contributor

The difference between Argan milk & Argan oil is that the Argan milk is a serum its thinner & designed to go deeper into the skin for more anti aging benefits. Argan oil is a moisturizing oil that can be used in place of or on top of a moisturizer, also Argan oil can be used all over body & also on hair & cuticles.

The Argan milk can be used day & night after cleansing face. After using Argan milk then you apply face butter then you can apply a few drops of Argan oil to lock in the moisture. If you don't have face butter you can also just use Argan oil as your face moisturizer, but I prefer using moisturizer (like face butter) then Argan oil on top, I use light Argan oil during day & regular at night.  

In the morning I would use Argan milk, then Argan oil, then moisturizer with SPF, then your foundation. If you have oily skin then you might want to skip the Argan oil & just use milk, SPF, then foundation.

Hope this helps

Honored Contributor

I love the Argon Oil and the Moisturizing Body Butter but was not able to use the Milk Product, it really irritated my skin for some reason.... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

I like the Milk because the consistency is so light, but I love the 100% original oil best.  It's those two products which make the TSV appeal to me as they are the two I buy over and over again from Josie.   Naturally, Josie was going to make additional products to expand the brand, but for my money a bare bones type person could get by using only the original oil and have a very nice complexion.

Respected Contributor

P.M... I use the milk, face butter & oil ...

A.M. I use the milk, spf tinted moisture, then face butter...

then follow with my foundation.

I have dry skin, and thanks to Josie's

wonderful products, my skin is more balanced than it ever was..

I am still waiting to get her new mask, but am sure I will love that also

Oh and the body butters of course I use everyday, I have even used the unscented

on my face if I am out of the face butter..

I never have to even think about my skin care anymore, Josie's line just keeps it all

glowing...Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Q4u  There must be something in it you are allergic to.  I can't use the body butter on my neck.  I tried like 5 times and was so itchy and got hives so bad.   Weirs cause I can use it anywhere else on my body.     I Just looked on her site and they have the new make up in a gazillion colors.  Not nearly as good of a deal on her site as you get with QVC.

Trusted Contributor

I love JM body butter and argon oil. I would love to try the Milk however I do not like the delivery ystem. I hate droppers like that. It is too messy or I spill it. Maybe it's just me but  not a fan of the whole dropper thing.