Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I had her foundation go rancid on me ! She doesn't use any preservatives in her products. I now purchase my argon oil from another source with preservatives. I can't afford to be throwing away expensive products.

I would call customer service and complain - maybe they will let you return it.

This is not true. You cannot make a broad statement and try to pass it off as fact without doing your research. The ingredients are listed on her website and I've seen preservatives on everything I've looked at in the past. Argan oil is different- many companies do not add preservatives to it or other oils as they generally do not go rancid if kept in the proper conditions and only after a long period of time. 

Perhaps you are not familar with the types of preservatives she uses but yes, indeed, she does use preservatives in most of her products.

Your right I haven't read her labels because I don't buy her products -- but on TV she claims it is 100% pure argon oil. That means NO PRESERVATIVES.

Trusted Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I had her foundation go rancid on me ! She doesn't use any preservatives in her products. I now purchase my argon oil from another source with preservatives. I can't afford to be throwing away expensive products.

This is not true. You cannot make a broad statement and try to pass it off as fact without doing your research. The ingredients are listed on her website and I've seen preservatives on everything I've looked at in the past. Argan oil is different- many companies do not add preservatives to it or other oils as they generally do not go rancid if kept in the proper conditions and only after a long period of time. 

Perhaps you are not familar with the types of preservatives she uses but yes, indeed, she does use preservatives in most of her products.

Your right I haven't read her labels because I don't buy her products -- but on TV she claims it is 100% pure argon oil. That means NO PRESERVATIVES.

Agree with you. Although I knew she did use 'some' preservatives many people may not know that, so I feel Josie should tell people that there are some in certain products etc.

Many preservatives are not 'bad'...but again many may not know this and go on her word.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Super Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@151949 wrote:

There are no preservatives in her pure Argan Oil and Argan Oil Light. There are preservatives in pretty much everything else. The first ingredient in the Divine Drip butter is water and as soon as you add water, you pretty much need preservatives.  Potassium Sorbate and Sodium Benzoate are in this product and they are both preservatives.

That aside, that's still a pretty yucky thing to happen.

Respected Contributor

Checked the two I have open (one unscented and one with a scent), and all is good!  You should definitely call her CS.

Honored Contributor

@BE mom wrote:
I usually apply cream to my hands at night after I've taken off my contact lenses in the dark. I keep Josie's whipped argon butter, argon balm, and divine drip n my nightstand. Tonight, while watching tv, I grabbed my jar of divine drip balm to apply. The room was dark but I noticed a strange color.. I turned on the lights and found mold all over the top of the it. I'm so annoyed. It's not cheap. I bought in November so I'm past the 30 return policy but I didn't use that much of it. Has this happened to anyone else?

I would be more than annoyed. What if you put it on the night before and didn't see the mold. You would have/may have put mold all over your body. Let them know!!!

Respected Contributor

Love her DD and have never had that happen. Definitely contact QVC and/or Josie's CS. I am sure that someone will be able to help.

Valued Contributor

I agree with @Tricolor, contact Josie on their FB page and send them a private message.  A couple of years ago I did this, and they responded within a day or so. I think it had to do with the Strawberry whipped body cream not listing Argan in the ingredient deck on the box (it was TSV I think).  They noted it was a printing error for the packaging and rest assured that all was well. But they appreciated the head's up, and were going to contact the Q about the error.  Note, I did not follow up, the product worked just like all of my others, I had no reason to doubt their error, I wanted them to know for future packaging.