Honored Contributor

AFTER SEEING BOBBI BROWN PRESENTATION

I watched both presentations of BB yesterday.... Not because I had to be convinced that I love it for all the right reasons, but to see if there were any "specials". I purchased both 3 of "try me" sizes (skincare & 2 sets that included gel liner). They're great for travel and can be refilled. 

****A great idea I discovered for travel sizes of all skincare: I keep that size at my sink because it takes up 1/4 the space & makes the area look neater/more organized. When I travel, I can grab and go...skincare already sized down & ready to go.  The larger sizes that fill the travel sizes can be kept in another cabinet or closet. 

Respected Contributor

Re: AFTER SEEING BOBBI BROWN PRESENTATION

@Shanus, good morning! I am patting myself for restraining myself! It was hard, but I fought the good fightSmiley Happy!

I love travel sizes too....my all time favorite is the Dr.Periscope "try me" no makeup-makeup" You get a liberal size of no- foundation foundation. You need so little!  Even the blush, bronzer and luminescent could last several months. It is great for travel and it is all so easy to apply!

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

I too love travel sizes but they are generally too expensive to buy.  I use the ones you get free - gifts with purchase.  Many can be refilled which is what I do.  I moved on from Bobbi's skincare long ago.  Love the gel liner but it dries up so quickly so basically a waste of money.
Honored Contributor

Oh my dear @Poodlepet2. I was not as strong willed. 3 travel/try me sets. Thank God she didn't get into the the new Havana Nights (coral color collection)....I'd have been a goner!! 

Honored Contributor

My dear @Poodlepet2. I was not as strong willed as you: 3 travel/try me sets. I had already purchased everything else.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Oh my dear @Poodlepet2. I was not as strong willed. 3 travel/try me sets. Thank God she didn't get into the the new Havana Nights (coral color collection)....I'd have been a goner!! 

Everything Bobbi is 15% off at Macys. The code is on the front page. Happy Shopping!!

@Shanus, it sounds like we both have the same coloring. What blush do you wear if any from Bobbi? Most of them are just too much on me and I end up looking like a Kewpie Doll.....

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11. I use Pot Rouge in Powder Pink...light neutral pink. I use my fingers to tap it on for a lighter application. Also use it as a base color for lips. Then lightly blot & put my lipstick over. 

Helpful?

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Trinity11. I use Pot Rouge in Powder Pink...light neutral pink. I use my fingers to tap it on for a lighter application. Also use it as a base color for lips. Then lightly blot & put my lipstick over. 

Helpful?

Thanks @Shanus.... I used the Calypso Coral and I like the texture. It was just a bit too peach for me, though. I think I will take a ride to the mall and try on the Powder Pink. Yesterday we had a snow storm but everything seems to be OK now. I get cabin fever if I have to stay in too long....

Respected Contributor

I watched presentations to see what the big deal was with Bobbi Brown line was and I was underwhelmed. Very expensive, and the presenter was tugging on eyelid o apply liner. 

To each his own. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I always bought BB from the Q, but I have a question about the pot rouge.  Is the size of the little jar in the dept store any larger???? It's not a question of economy: my bad.  There are very few products I have ever used to the bitter end of t h e container.

I was much heavier then and I had fat fingers, but I had difficulty getting the product out!

I missed the show last night, but viewed the offerings....SHANUS, I almost bought some BB because I have no way to buy your beautiful jewelry because  of QVC's policy.....heartbreaking..... I was feeling sorry for myself.....

Thankfully, I recalled the weight of the huge garbage can I lugged to the curb.  It was heavy. Why? From cleaning out makeup drawers.

Poodlepet2 is going on the wagon! I admit I have a problem! I don't even wear that much! I go for a polished, not overdone, enhanced look.

I loved the Kimberley Clark video that Mellie posted. Ms Clark is my new anti-consumerism-to-a-fault heroine!

But should I ever have the chance to purchase the lovely jewelry by Shanus-all bets are off!

Poodlepet2