Regular Contributor

It Cosmetics night cream question.

[ Edited ]

I've been using the It Cosmetics night cream for two weeks and can't decide whether to keep it. For the first few nights all was great and I was happy with it. Then I started having a night here and there when my face burned a little with the cream. Anyone have this happen? I obviously don't want it to burn but it's only a few nights and it doesn't last long. I wonder if it will stop after my skin gets used to it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: It Cosmetics night cream question.

@Sweetpea70  - I'd return it.  Too many other night creams out there to put up with burning even if it is just for a few minutes.  To me, your skin is trying to tell you that it doesn't like something in the cream.

Respected Contributor

I have been using the night cream for at least a month with no problems at all. I use it over my Retinol cream, no problem. If you are having a problem with burning and it's been less than 30 days I would also suggest returning it. All creams are not for everyone, maybe there is something else for you that doesn't cause the burning sensation. 

Respected Contributor

@Goodie2shoes wrote:

I have been using the night cream for at least a month with no problems at all. I use it over my Retinol cream, no problem. If you are having a problem with burning and it's been less than 30 days I would also suggest returning it. All creams are not for everyone, maybe there is something else for you that doesn't cause the burning sensation. 

Yes, I have had the same problem with the night cream. In the beginning I loved it and many times it feels like a burning sensation, but it calms down after a bit. 

I didn't return it because I ordered the Confidence in a Cream and the Confidence Night duo. The day cream is wonderful, but I won't reorder the duo.

Respected Contributor

@Sweetpea70 wrote:

I've been using the It Cosmetics night cream for two weeks and can't decide whether to keep it. For the first few nights all was great and I was happy with it. Then I started having a night here and there when my face burned a little with the cream. Anyone have this happen? I obviously don't want it to burn but it's only a few nights and it doesn't last long. I wonder if it will stop after my skin gets used to it. 

_

Oops, I tagged the wrong person in the earlier post. Sorry @Goodie2shoes 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I have used the night cream for over 6 months. I like it and have had no reactions. In fact, I have it on auto delivery. I have their day cream on auto delivery. Their products work for my skin. Maybe their is an ingredient that is irritating your skin. I would return it.

Honored Contributor

@Sweetpea70   Is there a date on the jar? You may have received an older cream that's expired. 

Regular Contributor

@Shanus  No, there's no expiration date. I guess the search begins again. I really liked the results of this product. There were no dry patches on my face when I woke, and the day cream keeps it moisturized. Thank you all for your input.