Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Isle of Paradise Self-Tanning

So let’s start off by saying I love a good tan... but only faux because I don’t want to damage my skin. I’ve tried all kinds out there, I have my favorites but this Isle Of Paradise has really peaked my curiosity. Has anyone tried this? I’m a little confused when to use the mist versus the drops but nonetheless the rep for this product makes it sound so easy and fool proof. The reps tan looks amazing but I often wonder if they get a good professional spray tan before presenting these products. 

Is Isle of Paradise the be all end all where self tanning is concerned? It looks like you can’t mess it up but I wonder do you really get good color from the mist? Is it really streak free and doesn’t turn you orange? They say it’s sold out everywhere because it’s so popular. 

I’d love to hear your thoughts if you’ve tried this self tanner. Thanks so much ladies! 

Contributor

Re: Isle of Paradise Self-Tanning

I've tried it and i love it.  Very very easy and doesn't contain the "marker color" that is supposed to wash off the next day.  Very realistic tan in my opinion.

Esteemed Contributor

@iTalia, I don't have it but watched the presentation.  It looks like the drops are to be mixed with your lotion or face cream for the face and neck, and the mist is to be sprayed liberally on the legs and arms, etc., and applied with the mitt.  At least that was my take on the presentation.

Honored Contributor

I understood the spray to refresh the tan.  I don't have it, but ordered.  I googled the product and it has good reviews.  Amazon is selling it for a little more than double the price.  They had good reviews too.

Honored Contributor

I had no problem with streaking but I found these drops and others I've tried to end up with that orange color and when it starts to fade it's blotchy.  I have fair skin.  I still like the foam applications with a mitt/glove.

Contributor

I have been using the drops for about a year and LOVE them! Super easy to use, very natural, just remember to wash your hands after use. The spray and drops are interchangeable and can be used on both face and body. Wonderful product, lasts for days.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teacherd wrote:

I have been using the drops for about a year and LOVE them! Super easy to use, very natural, just remember to wash your hands after use. The spray and drops are interchangeable and can be used on both face and body. Wonderful product, lasts for days.

______

Good to know! They do get decent reviews on Amazon, but are priced at a lot more, even with free shipping. I caved and placed an order for the medium.  It's on advanced order.

It has been many, many years since I have tried any faux tan products.  

Valued Contributor

During every presentation the hosts keep saying it’s sold out everywhere. The vendor today even said it’s sold out “all over the world”. Yesterday I purchased the spray at my Sephora. They were stocked full of both the drops and spray. My friend purchased hers at another Sephora and they had both in stock. I didn’t want to wait for the advanced shipping dates. I paid $28.00 for the spray (6.76 oz). I used a few sprays on my face last night and like the natural look of a slight tan. 

Trusted Contributor

It is sold out on Sephora online except for the lightest color or was yesterday. I ordered some from QVC but have Tan-Luxe from HSN. I use all my creams that don't work on my face and mix the drops with that rather than Josie's cream or Philosophy.

For a cream that sinks into your skin (the above two don't for me), and makes it very, very soft, I found Brazilian Bum Bum cream. I bought it at Sephora, in fact, I give it to my female relatives and friends for Xmas when our skin is extra dry from the heat.

Respected Contributor

I'm not that experienced with self tanning products, but the few that I've tried in the past have left me stinking like old gym socks!  Do these drops leave a smell on the skin?