Occasional Contributor

Re: Is there any evidence that ""pushing"" products into your skin is truly more effective than rubbing it all over?

Patting in products is a HUGE advantage. You're actually getting it absorbed into the skin. Your skin is not smooth like glass, it is porous. When you smear, it may feel like your getting it all over your face- and you are- but your getting it on the surface, not truly not getting it *in*. You can test this for yourself- take a paper tower and spread some lotion on it. Then press the lotion in and you can see it soaks through.

Plus you get the benefits of stimulation to your face, warming your skin up, getting circulation going etc...

Honored Contributor

Re: Is there any evidence that ""pushing"" products into your skin is truly more effective than rubbing it all over?

Thanks but what I am asking if there is any PROOF that patting in products absorbs better into the skin, not just based on what vendors say or what people think makes sense. I am still looking for scientific evidence this is true but so far no luck, although my search has been brief so far.

And sharlee, the vendors actually say that it absorbs better, not just being more gentle and less tugging on the skin. For example, if you watch the end of the video on Josie's argan milk on qvc's website, she says this very thing. I've heard numerous other vendors say the same thing as well (algenist, strivectin, perricone, bare minerals, etc) so I am not meaning to single out Josie.