Super Contributor

Re: Is the IT CC Cream All That??

I, too, am a big fan of the CC cream. It is one of the best foundations I've ever used. I am always in search of the perfect foundation, and have stopped my search since finding this.
Super Contributor

On 11/4/2014 Peaches McPhee said:

I've tried it, and it is good, not great. It does not cover my discolored cheeks, but I do like the way it covers the rest of my (normal colored) face. I don't think anything in creation will cover my cheeks . . .

Gosh Peaches... the Vendor checks are really red and she seems to cover them on the demonstrations... Maybe you need to layer more?

Honored Contributor

I like it, but the only way you'll know is if you try it yourself. For me, the coverage is nice and I've never been irritated by any of the ingredients. I'm not fond of a dewy finish so I also use a powder to set it.

Frequent Contributor

On 11/4/2014 cjmcp said:
On 11/4/2014 MeAgain said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Yes! Love it. Nice consistency, great coverage but doesn't feel heavy. The only thing that is a bit annoying is I have to mix the fair & light to get the right shade.

That is exactly what has held me back on this product. I'm afraid the fair would be too light and the light too yellow. Not sure I'm willing to mix. Is it really worth the hassle?

I wouldn't have it in me to pay full price for two tubes. I bought the supersize earlier in the year in a TSV for $59. I ordered both Fair & Light intending to return one - but since the best shade was a mix of the two it was an easy choice to keep both. The brush that came with the kit is AMAZING, and I also liked the lip color & tightline mascara as well. A terrific value.

Super Contributor

On 11/4/2014 MandySays said:

I have never used this, but the reviews are pretty stellar. I ordered the fair..anything with a remotely yellow undertone just looks bad on me so taking a chance.

I haven't worn foundation much ever in my life, but thinking since this also has the physical sunscreen..maybe it'll work for me. Fingers crossed!

Hope it works for you! I'm the same re: yellow = just wrong. I got the Fair, no yellow, but at my age I find that shades I wore when I was younger (I'm 61) settle in my stretched out pores leaving little "white" dots all over my face. The reason I wasn't eager to try mixing is because the next shade up looks too yellow for me -- at least on my monitor. I hope it's just perfect for you, though, because so many find it's really a great product.

Super Contributor

On 11/4/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 11/4/2014 MandySays said:

I have never used this, but the reviews are pretty stellar. I ordered the fair..anything with a remotely yellow undertone just looks bad on me so taking a chance.

I haven't worn foundation much ever in my life, but thinking since this also has the physical sunscreen..maybe it'll work for me. Fingers crossed!

Hope it works for you! I'm the same re: yellow = just wrong. I got the Fair, no yellow, but at my age I find that shades I wore when I was younger (I'm 61) settle in my stretched out pores leaving little "white" dots all over my face. The reason I wasn't eager to try mixing is because the next shade up looks too yellow for me -- at least on my monitor. I hope it's just perfect for you, though, because so many find it's really a great product.

Thanks! I'll be sure to report back once it's in my hands. I think it's not set to arrive until sometime Friday and of course we'll be out of town Friday-Monday. Boooo. Maybe it'll surprise me and come a day early, but I'm not holding my breath Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

You can read the review on Beautypedia. Although Paula really liked the formula, she said that there are potential irritants in it.

Regular Contributor

I have the IT CC, and do like it. I have the light shade but wish Jamie would expand her color choices! I have read many here that agree. I have a light/med complexion cool toned and have the light. It is not too yellow for me, but a tad too light, the med color looks to orangey on me, but I could possibly mix the 2 shades together, but haven't tried.

I love the fact that it contains a good SPF in one step. It does color correct well for me ( I have redness on cheeks) but I seem to have a problem that others do not with this product...it leaves my extra dry areas of my face looking a bit cake-y but all liquids do this to me currently. I am working on correcting my dry skin issues and will try again.

Super Contributor

im 63 love love love cc cream daughter 46 she loves loves loves cc cream.i have tried a lot of makeup in my day.
Trusted Contributor

There was a sample of the CC creme in a recent package I received (not even make up or beauty related - a sweater!) and I tried it for the first time today because I had seen Jamie on the air and liked what it seemed to do for the models. Wow, what a great finish and coverage! I like it a lot so far. I tend to react to various makeup items, so I'll see what my face looks like in a day or two before ordering. The sample is a medium, which is a little too dark for me, but not a lot, which is strange as I'm usually fair in most brands.

This is huge for me as I'm a foundation snob. Before trying this, my go to, favorite of all time is the famous brand with the double Cs - yea, THAT one. For this CC creme to beat out that one for me would be amazing!